Latest in Fixed AnnuitiesMore Articles >>
Move frees annuity and life carrier FGL’s board to evaluate strategic alternatives, which could include a deal with Athene.
Protecting and expanding retirement security access is goal of IRI’s just-released 2017 advocacy blueprintThe Insured Retirement Institute released its 2017 Retirement Security Blueprint Monday, which will be used to engage Congress and the Trump Administration in a dialogue advocating policies to help Americans achieve a secure and dignified retirement.
Total fixed annuity sales hit a record-breaking $117.4 billion, 14% higher than 2015 levels according to newly released LIMRA data. Fixed indexed annuities also set a record, but variable annuity sales declined 21%.
If the DOL Fiduciary Rule is indeed implemented this April, the disruption it creates is expected to drive innovation in annuity product design this year.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) introduced a bill on Jan. 6 seeking to delay the DOL Fiduciary Rule’s April 10 effective date by 2 years, which would give Republicans time to craft a repeal of the controversial rule.
Topic one of several addressed during recent Brokers International forum on DOL ramifications and how to best support agents who by April 10 could be operating under the DOL rule with turnkey solutions and guidance.
A new report from IRI concludes that holistic planning with a focus on income-generating strategies will help advisors address a demographic-driven growing demand for lifetime income.
After Tuesday’s upset, the ACA appears to be in critical condition while the DOL rule may (or may not) get a stay of execution as a lower initial priority for President Elect Trump in the early months of 2017.
Fixed Annuities Forums Topics
*:idea:* if you see an interest rate let's say 3.25 on the whole account that's what it is for the life of the account. The amount in the account is fixed no matter what the stock market does the only time this changes is when everything goes South the account balance will never go below 89.7. 401 & 403's every time the stock market hiccups you lose a certain amount of your fund and when the......
Is there one out there in ny? Or an equity Index?...
Most Popular Articles
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- AALU, GAMA launch partnership to unify advocacy efforts for appropriate tax treatment of life insurance
- 4 tips for finding a career mentor
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales
- National Retirement Planning Week in full swing with bevy of resources for advisors and consumers