Latest in Fixed AnnuitiesMore Articles >>
Protecting and expanding retirement security access is goal of IRI’s just-released 2017 advocacy blueprintThe Insured Retirement Institute released its 2017 Retirement Security Blueprint Monday, which will be used to engage Congress and the Trump Administration in a dialogue advocating policies to help Americans achieve a secure and dignified retirement.
Total fixed annuity sales hit a record-breaking $117.4 billion, 14% higher than 2015 levels according to newly released LIMRA data. Fixed indexed annuities also set a record, but variable annuity sales declined 21%.
If the DOL Fiduciary Rule is indeed implemented this April, the disruption it creates is expected to drive innovation in annuity product design this year.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) introduced a bill on Jan. 6 seeking to delay the DOL Fiduciary Rule’s April 10 effective date by 2 years, which would give Republicans time to craft a repeal of the controversial rule.
Topic one of several addressed during recent Brokers International forum on DOL ramifications and how to best support agents who by April 10 could be operating under the DOL rule with turnkey solutions and guidance.
A new report from IRI concludes that holistic planning with a focus on income-generating strategies will help advisors address a demographic-driven growing demand for lifetime income.
After Tuesday’s upset, the ACA appears to be in critical condition while the DOL rule may (or may not) get a stay of execution as a lower initial priority for President Elect Trump in the early months of 2017.
Indexed annuity sales top all-time record in 2Q, but declining variable sales drag overall totals to 3% declineFixed indexed annuity sales totaling $16.2 billion were 30% higher than 2Q 2015 and surpassed all prior quarterly sales records, but overall annuity sales declined slightly due to a significant drop in variable annuity sales.
Fixed Annuities Forums Topics
*:idea:* if you see an interest rate let's say 3.25 on the whole account that's what it is for the life of the account. The amount in the account is fixed no matter what the stock market does the only time this changes is when everything goes South the account balance will never go below 89.7. 401 & 403's every time the stock market hiccups you lose a certain amount of your fund and when the......
Is there one out there in ny? Or an equity Index?...
Most Popular Articles
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name