Latest in Fixed AnnuitiesMore Articles >>
With the DOL Fiduciary Rule now partially in effect, an increasing number of new tools are being introduced to help advisors and insurance agents comply in the new environment.
Labor Secretary Acosta announces initial implementation will begin June 9 as the agency will continue to review the rule up until final implementation on January 1, 2018.
Annuity sales decline in first quarter on DOL rule worries; variable, fixed sales forecast to drop 10-15% in 2017LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute expects overall sales in 2017 to fall below $200 billion, which would be the lowest annuity sales have been since 2001.
As industry associations including NAFA and IRI scramble to push for further delay of the scheduled June 9 initial implementation, FINRA Chairman Jack Brennan this week said whether or not the rule becomes law is now almost beside the point.
Move frees annuity and life carrier FGL’s board to evaluate strategic alternatives, which could include a deal with Athene.
Protecting and expanding retirement security access is goal of IRI’s just-released 2017 advocacy blueprintThe Insured Retirement Institute released its 2017 Retirement Security Blueprint Monday, which will be used to engage Congress and the Trump Administration in a dialogue advocating policies to help Americans achieve a secure and dignified retirement.
Total fixed annuity sales hit a record-breaking $117.4 billion, 14% higher than 2015 levels according to newly released LIMRA data. Fixed indexed annuities also set a record, but variable annuity sales declined 21%.
If the DOL Fiduciary Rule is indeed implemented this April, the disruption it creates is expected to drive innovation in annuity product design this year.
Fixed Annuities Forums Topics
*:idea:* if you see an interest rate let's say 3.25 on the whole account that's what it is for the life of the account. The amount in the account is fixed no matter what the stock market does the only time this changes is when everything goes South the account balance will never go below 89.7. 401 & 403's every time the stock market hiccups you lose a certain amount of your fund and when the......
Is there one out there in ny? Or an equity Index?...
Most Popular Articles
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- How estate tax repeal could impact life insurance sales, retention
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference