Latest in Fixed AnnuitiesMore Articles >>
If the DOL Fiduciary Rule is indeed implemented this April, the disruption it creates is expected to drive innovation in annuity product design this year.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) introduced a bill on Jan. 6 seeking to delay the DOL Fiduciary Rule’s April 10 effective date by 2 years, which would give Republicans time to craft a repeal of the controversial rule.
Topic one of several addressed during recent Brokers International forum on DOL ramifications and how to best support agents who by April 10 could be operating under the DOL rule with turnkey solutions and guidance.
A new report from IRI concludes that holistic planning with a focus on income-generating strategies will help advisors address a demographic-driven growing demand for lifetime income.
After Tuesday’s upset, the ACA appears to be in critical condition while the DOL rule may (or may not) get a stay of execution as a lower initial priority for President Elect Trump in the early months of 2017.
Indexed annuity sales top all-time record in 2Q, but declining variable sales drag overall totals to 3% declineFixed indexed annuity sales totaling $16.2 billion were 30% higher than 2Q 2015 and surpassed all prior quarterly sales records, but overall annuity sales declined slightly due to a significant drop in variable annuity sales.
Analysts project 15-20% increase in 2016, but forecast a 30-35% decline in indexed annuity sales for 2017 thanks to DOL Fiduciary Rule implementation.
The acquisition of M3 significantly enhances FFFC's capabilities in all distribution channels, but particularly in the rapidly growing financial advisory/broker-dealer channel where fixed and fixed indexed annuities are increasingly being used as part of diversified retirement planning solutions.
Fixed Annuities Forums Topics
*:idea:* if you see an interest rate let's say 3.25 on the whole account that's what it is for the life of the account. The amount in the account is fixed no matter what the stock market does the only time this changes is when everything goes South the account balance will never go below 89.7. 401 & 403's every time the stock market hiccups you lose a certain amount of your fund and when the......
Is there one out there in ny? Or an equity Index?...
Most Popular Articles
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017
- New LTCI rates for a 60-year-old couple increase between 6% and 9% in 2017