Latest in Fixed AnnuitiesMore Articles >>
Department of Labor proposal released Wednesday would extend the transition period and delay of applicability from Jan. 1, 2018, to July 1, 2019.
The Insured Retirement Institute’s Aug. 7 comment letter says evidence demonstrates negative consequences the rule is already having on retirement savers and the industry.
2016 FMO Executive Outlook, Part I: The M&A climate, planning for the DOL Fiduciary Rule, other key challengesInsurance Forums asked top executives at some of the industry’s most respected insurance marketing organizations for their insight into key issues. Their responses provide a glimpse into top concerns and opportunities for the independent life insurance and annuity distribution channel and a preview for where it is headed.
In the wake of the DOL Fiduciary Rule, the fee-based fixed indexed annuity movement continues to gain momentum with the introduction of new products this month from Nationwide and Symetra.
With the DOL Fiduciary Rule now partially in effect, an increasing number of new tools are being introduced to help advisors and insurance agents comply in the new environment.
Labor Secretary Acosta announces initial implementation will begin June 9 as the agency will continue to review the rule up until final implementation on January 1, 2018.
Annuity sales decline in first quarter on DOL rule worries; variable, fixed sales forecast to drop 10-15% in 2017LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute expects overall sales in 2017 to fall below $200 billion, which would be the lowest annuity sales have been since 2001.
As industry associations including NAFA and IRI scramble to push for further delay of the scheduled June 9 initial implementation, FINRA Chairman Jack Brennan this week said whether or not the rule becomes law is now almost beside the point.
Fixed Annuities Forums Topics
*:idea:* if you see an interest rate let's say 3.25 on the whole account that's what it is for the life of the account. The amount in the account is fixed no matter what the stock market does the only time this changes is when everything goes South the account balance will never go below 89.7. 401 & 403's every time the stock market hiccups you lose a certain amount of your fund and when the......
Is there one out there in ny? Or an equity Index?...
Most Popular Articles
- 2016 FMO Executive Outlook, Part I: The M&A climate, planning for the DOL Fiduciary Rule, other key challenges
- Prudential restructures U.S. life and annuity business in effort to expand customer value proposition
- What it takes to be an ‘Agent for the Future’
- Next wave of fee-based FIAs hit the market
- 4 Real Life Stories: Life Happens honors agents for exhibiting outstanding client service
- Optional benefits: Changing a ‘no’ to a ‘yes’
- U.S. life and health direct premiums expected to decline for the first time in 4 years
- New study provides insight into benefits challenges facing HR professionals