Richard M. Weber, MBA, CLU, AEP (Distinguished), is president and principal of The Ethical Edge, Inc., a consulting firm providing fee-only analytics and services to insurance firms, family offices, and high net worth individuals. Dick reviews new and existing policies for policy-holding clients from several dozen of the top carriers. For the past decade, Dick has provided his consulting services to a number of companies, including The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America. He makes recommendations based upon his company relationships and the integrity of the products and people that back them.
Dick holds an M.B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley with a specialty in Insurance and Finance. He was designated a Chartered Life Underwriter in 1974 by the American College.
Among his various teaching activities, Dick served for 11 years as an Instructor of Insurance at the University of California at Berkeley's Program in Personal Financial Planning and from 1993 through 1998 served as Adjunct Professor of Ethics at the American College in Bryn Mawr, PA. He currently serves as Senior Adjunct Professor of Risk and Insurance in California Lutheran University’s MBA program in Financial Planning.
- InsureTech Spotlight: Hurdlr app lets agents track income, expenses and taxes instantly
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference