Earning a Living Selling P&C Insurance
courtesy of odellstudner.com
One newbie agent asked the forum’s experienced producers how they make great money in P&C, especially in their first year. The poster was worried after hearing over and over again that it can take years to make an actual living off of P&C. Our forum’s agents divulged some advice that they’ve learned through years of experience.
Many agents agreed that the key to success in P & C is targeted marketing. One agent noted, “find the sweet spot for what you can sell. With P&C, you can target property, E&O, transportation, etc. Go after every title agent in your area - do not rely on people coming to you.”
Overall, forum members advised that P&C is a business in which you get rich slowly. So while no magic trick is required to achieve success, one should constantly and consistently keep growing his or her books. Agents advised setting high goals and tracking numbers. One agent suggested 8 personal lines policies a week as a good target. Other agents also agreed that focusing on commercial, with its large premiums, is a great area to hone in on. Find more advice in this thread about making money off of P&C right here.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name