Earning a Living Selling P&C Insurance
courtesy of odellstudner.com
One newbie agent asked the forum’s experienced producers how they make great money in P&C, especially in their first year. The poster was worried after hearing over and over again that it can take years to make an actual living off of P&C. Our forum’s agents divulged some advice that they’ve learned through years of experience.
Many agents agreed that the key to success in P & C is targeted marketing. One agent noted, “find the sweet spot for what you can sell. With P&C, you can target property, E&O, transportation, etc. Go after every title agent in your area - do not rely on people coming to you.”
Overall, forum members advised that P&C is a business in which you get rich slowly. So while no magic trick is required to achieve success, one should constantly and consistently keep growing his or her books. Agents advised setting high goals and tracking numbers. One agent suggested 8 personal lines policies a week as a good target. Other agents also agreed that focusing on commercial, with its large premiums, is a great area to hone in on. Find more advice in this thread about making money off of P&C right here.
- Autonomous vehicles predicted to radically shrink auto insurance sector, change type, amount of coverage sold
- CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill
- DOL wants more public input on Fiduciary Rule
- Something to think about on National Insurance Awareness Day: 37% of adults skip life insurance
- Trio of big storm systems lead to 42% drop in 1Q net income for P&C insurers
- MetLife’s individual life, annuity business spin off to Brighthouse clears final regulatory hurdle
- Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid enrollment up while other segments decline, MFA report finds
- Group disability insurers see 13.8% increase in new sales in 2016