Earning a Living Selling P&C Insurance
courtesy of odellstudner.com
One newbie agent asked the forum’s experienced producers how they make great money in P&C, especially in their first year. The poster was worried after hearing over and over again that it can take years to make an actual living off of P&C. Our forum’s agents divulged some advice that they’ve learned through years of experience.
Many agents agreed that the key to success in P & C is targeted marketing. One agent noted, “find the sweet spot for what you can sell. With P&C, you can target property, E&O, transportation, etc. Go after every title agent in your area - do not rely on people coming to you.”
Overall, forum members advised that P&C is a business in which you get rich slowly. So while no magic trick is required to achieve success, one should constantly and consistently keep growing his or her books. Agents advised setting high goals and tracking numbers. One agent suggested 8 personal lines policies a week as a good target. Other agents also agreed that focusing on commercial, with its large premiums, is a great area to hone in on. Find more advice in this thread about making money off of P&C right here.
- Agents Behaving Badly Part II
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Surprise! Do your clients know how Social Security income is taxed?
- Bigger investment in purchased leads drives higher revenue and faster growth, new report affirms
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales