Marketing Commercial Insurance: The Basics
Courtesy of campuscareercoach.com
A new forum member who started selling commercial insurance asked about tried and true marketing ideas. He had good success rates with cold calling, and generated a lot of new business and renewal capture, but wondered if he was missing some good ideas.
Most agents believe that cold-calling is a great method, and that mailers were more likely to be time-wasters. Agents who offered their input noted that cold-calling, networking, and industry events were the best ways to get in the door, and that direct mail needed to be part of a campaign that also included e-mails and calls, as opposed to a standalone task. Other agents advised building an accurate database with dates, associations, and contacts to get in touch with throughout the year. By targeting various niches within an industry, agents can develop a network and relationships, and then move on to another area to cull contacts and potential clients in an organized fashion.
After the original poster divulged his success rates, forum members ended up asking him what HIS secret was. He said he usually calls up prospects and says, “Hi my name is x and I’m with x. I’ve been helping other business in the area with their business insurance policies. I’m giving you a call to see if you’d like me to do a free review of your current policy.” By not sounding scripted and by offering a service, he had garnered some great success rates. Find more marketing tips in this post.
- Genworth Financial announces net loss of $122 million in 4Q, $277 million for all of 2016
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- Maximizing the potential of the $12 trillion underinsured U.S. life market
- More Americans buying life insurance direct – and opting for term – than ever before
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Are you in a Success Rut?
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League