Time for a work trip? Fall insurance conference schedule offers abundant education opportunities
San Diego? NYC? Scottsdale? DC? New Orleans?
Those are just five of the locations on tap for some of the bigger insurance industry conferences scheduled for the coming months. If you have the time and budget to attend an event – typically time and money well spent – here’s some background (and links to event websites) for some of your options.
• Sept. 6-8: NAIFA Career Conference & Annual Meeting, Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel, San Diego
The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is celebrating 125 years when it convenes for its annual meeting in San Diego this year. The program will provide news and views about the latest on the regulatory front, lots of professional development opportunities, great speakers (Maria Ferrante-Schepis, Van Mueller, Greg Gagne and many more), informative workshops, and quick sessions designed to provide ideas that can make a difference for insurance agents and financial advisors.
• Sept. 9-10: 2014 Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium, InterContinental Dallas, Dallas
The Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium was created by MarketScout as a medium to profile innovation and entrepreneurialism in the insurance industry. Each year over 400 forward thinking insurers, intermediaries and agents come together to share new ideas, trends and concepts related to insurance distribution, underwriting, and automation. The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research supports entrepreneurialism and as such has joined with MarketScout in a collective effort to foster creativity and new thought in the insurance industry. Attendees also have the opportunity to receive significant CE credit and the symposium qualifies for a "CIC" or "CRM" update.
• Sept. 14-17: 2014 NAPSLO Annual Convention, Atlanta Marriott Marquis and Hyatt Regency Atlanta
The National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices will celebrate its 40th year at this year’s event in Atlanta. Widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, the annual convention is attended by more than 3,500 surplus lines professionals from the United States and Great Britain. NAPSLO members leverage three days of networking opportunities in the NAPSLO Brokers’ Club and Brokers’ Lounges during the convention. Magic Johnson will be the keynote speaker during the general session on Sept. 17.
• Sept. 20-23: CPCU Society Annual Meeting, Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim, Calif.
The Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters’ premier risk management and property-casualty insurance event will help attendees gain technical knowledge that can immediately be applied to job responsibilities; empower attendees to confidently meet challenges facing their business; and engage with leading industry experts and build valuable professional relationships. Magic Johnson will also be a keynote speaker at this event.
• Sept. 21-24: LIDMA Fall Meeting and Showcase, Four Seasons Hotel, St. Louis
The Life Insurance Direct Marketing Association will hold its 11th annual meeting to further its mission of supporting business and professionals active in direct sales of life insurance products to consumers. Membership is open to Direct Marketers, BGAs, IMOs, Financial Institutions, Paramedical Companies, Technology Providers and all Life Insurance and Reinsurance Companies committed to the life insurance direct marketing distribution channel. Producer membership is available to any individual or entity that generates direct or override commissions from the sale of life insurance or related products.
• Sept. 25-28: 2014 Alliance Convention & Expo, JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, Palm Desert, Calif.
The annual American Agents Alliance Convention & Expo is the largest property & casualty event in the West. This special 4-day event offers insurance agents and brokers the opportunity to obtain carrier appointments, participate in continuing education courses, and enjoy a packed tradeshow floor.Convention highlights include: General session keynote speaker Brian P. Sullivan, Risk Information, Inc.; numerous networking opportunities; hospitality receptions with live music; and more.
• Sept. 28-30: Vision: IRI Annual Meeting 2014, Colonial Williamsburg Lodge, Williamsburg, Va.
Vision: IRI Annual Meeting 2014 is the premier business meeting for the insured retirement industry. This event presents a unique opportunity to engage with IRI and industry peers, providing a dynamic forum to learn about emerging trends in the industry and the future of the business.
• Do you plan on attending an industry event this Fall? Chime in about which event and why (or why not?) on this new thread on the Forum.
• Next: October and November events
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name
- 2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costs