The Basics of Selling Group Health Insurance
courtesy of healthinsurance.org
One agent came to the forum to learn more about selling group health insurance. After selling term life for a few years, the agent wanted to learn to sell health policies in the group and individual categories.
Agents recommended starting with online continuing education classes, to learn the basics and gain license renewal credits. Also, attending carrier roadshows where they promote product lines was a frequently-suggested method for getting up to speed on the required knowledge. Other agents suggested meeting with the sales reps of the carriers that are competitive in the group market. This would give a crash course on the products and how to submit a case. Having connections formed through previous life insurance sales is a good bargaining chip to offer these sales reps, in exchange for their help.
Most agents also recommended at GA, to make sure that the agent’s group is in compliance, and to help with admin work and rollouts. The agent said, “It’s a good way to start learning the business for a FREE mentor that wants to close the sale as badly as you do.” Check out more of their advice here.
- Genworth Financial announces net loss of $122 million in 4Q, $277 million for all of 2016
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- Maximizing the potential of the $12 trillion underinsured U.S. life market
- More Americans buying life insurance direct – and opting for term – than ever before
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Are you in a Success Rut?
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League