Beyond popular voluntary choices of dental and vision insurance, pre-paid legal services now available as well to small business market as part of MetLife’s Simply Smart Bundles.
But Willis Towers Watson survey shows their appetite has declined for forfeiting pay in lieu of lower, more predictable health benefit costs.
Voluntary life insurance sales grew 8% and supplemental health insurance sales grew 4% to boost overall group employee-funded benefit sales by 6% in 2015, according to LIMRA’s recently released U.S. Worksite Sales survey.
A closer look at data from the 2015 Employee Benefit Research Institute/Greenwald & Associates Health and Voluntary Workplace Benefits Survey (WBS) reveals that most employees do indeed take advantage of voluntary benefits offered at the workplace.
Health benefits for employees are expensive, but this is over the top. The City of Industry, Calif., pays more than double the state average for health care benefits for many of its 33 employees.
How do consumers know what kinds of insurance to consider and what benefit levels to select? This open enrollment season, Transamerica Employee Benefits says consumers should ask themselves these 10 questions to help make the choices easier.
The latest results from LIMRA’s U.S. Worksite Sales survey shows voluntary benefits sales increased 5% in 2014 compared to 2013. Leading the way, vision insurance sales increased 24% last year followed by critical illness at 19%, and accident insurance at 12%.
New agents to the group insurance market may wonder where to focus their efforts. While some experienced individuals advise focusing on companies of 10 to 19 employees, others might shoot for higher or lower companies.
Our posters took to the forum to discuss Professional Employer Organizations "(PEOs") and how health care reform might affect them. Various agents offered their advice on what situations best merit partnership with PEOs, and detailed certain PEO scenarios.
An agent came to the forum to ask about the objections that other agents run into in terms of voluntary benefits in their business. The agent found that these products had been a hard sell, even though the cost to the employer is almost nothing, the admin is straightforward, and employees get portable coverage.
Group Vision Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- Annuity sales for first six months of year at lowest level since 2001
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- Massive new home of Northwestern Mutual officially opens in Milwaukee
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership