University Park, Ill. – December 16, 2014 – Applied Systems announces the general release of Applied Epic 2014, the fastest-growing agency and brokerage management system, to the U.S. and Canadian marketplaces. Applied Epic 2014 seamlessly incorporates powerful new capabilities into the core application, including functionality to manage benefits, built-in process management features for managing workflows called myEpic, and improved insurer connectivity and download support.
“Today’s independent agencies and brokerages are increasingly managing multiple lines of insurance business to expand coverage for their clients and grow their book of business, requiring a single system to manage client information across the agency or brokerage,” said Reid French, chief executive officer of Applied Systems. “Applied Epic 2014 is the first application for agencies and brokerages to manage both their property and casualty and benefits business within their core agency or brokerage management system, eliminating the need for multiple systems and providing a single view into their clients to enable users to quickly identify cross sell opportunities, thereby reducing costs and increasing new revenue opportunities.”
Applied Epic delivers the most technologically advanced software for agencies and brokerages to grow faster and more profitably in today’s changing insurance marketplace. Applied Epic provides a single, integrated application to manage all client relationships, policy administration and financial accounting processes more efficiently across an agency or brokerage, including multiple locations in different geographies. With an intuitive user interface, agencies and brokerages leverage the power of Applied Epic for a comprehensive view of client information and internal operations to manage their business more effectively.
Key enhancements in Applied Epic 2014 include:
- Benefits – With native benefits capabilities, Applied Epic 2014 offers importing of Excel data, such as census information, enhanced security for attachments meeting HIPAA requirements, commission rate tiers, support for the tracking and billing of fee for service activity, and other features that enable agency and brokerages to better manage their entire portfolio and expedite cross-selling opportunities.
- Process management – through a series of pre-built workflows based on agency best practices, myEpic delivers integrated process management capabilities thatautomate, adapt and reassign the most frequently used workflows, enabling agencies and brokerages to streamline their daily workload to increase both efficiency and productivity. myEpic also provides agency and brokerage executives deeper company-wide visibility into internal operations to systematically understand the effectiveness of companywide workflow reporting, increasing their ability to respond to changes in the market and within their customer base.
- Insurer connectivity – Applied Epic 2014 offers easier insurer configuration set up, support for download and real-time transactions for additional lines of business, and the ability to submit commercial lines policies via a real-time transaction to improve insurer interactions, staff productivity, and client service. Through consistent insurer connectivity with multiple insurers, agencies and brokerages can more easily and quickly provide product range, insurer choice, and localized personal service to their customers, enabling agencies and brokerages to improve staff productivity and client satisfaction and retention.
“Industry consolidation and changing consumer demand require agencies and brokerages to be more responsive and agile to gain a competitive advantage in a rapidly evolving marketplace,” said Michael Howe, senior vice president of Product Management. “Capitalizing on Applied’s extensive experience supporting clients to improve their workflows, myEpic incorporates standard operating procedures via a simple, user-guided interface. These process management capabilities enable agencies and brokerages to drive workflow consistency and provide executives with greater visibility to identify and implement ongoing improvements to internal operations.”
M3 Insurance, a 2014 IIABA Best Practices Agency, will leverage Applied Epic 2014 to more effectively manage their P&C and benefits business, reducing time and cost spent utilizing multiple systems simultaneously.
“Agencies and brokerages with both benefits and commercial lines business have struggled for years trying to find that one ‘silver-bullet’ agency management system that serves both sides of the house well,” said Mike Moore, executive vice president of Insurance Operations, M3 Insurance. “Applied’s innovation to enable management of benefits and property and casualty business within a single application is a big step into better understanding our clients to drive business growth.”
About Applied Systems
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Applied is recognized as a pioneer in agency and brokerage management systems and data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Automating the insurance lifecycle for more than 140,000 insurance professionals, 12,000 agencies and brokerages, and 350 carriers worldwide, Applied enables millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- Agents Behaving Badly Part II
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- 4 tips for finding a career mentor
- AALU, GAMA launch partnership to unify advocacy efforts for appropriate tax treatment of life insurance
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales