Panora, Iowa – June 21, 2016 – Mark Williams, Brokers International President and CEO, hosted a special webinar outlining the latest details on the DOL’s Fiduciary Rule to financial service professionals. Walter White, president and CEO of Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America and Chip Anderson, executive director of the National Association for Fixed Annuities (NAFA), joined Mark on the webinar to provide their insights on how the DOL’s Fiduciary Rule is impacting the financial services industry. Watch the webinar recording here.
In his first public address following NAFA’s Annuity Leadership Forum in early June, Chip Anderson offered perspective on:
- The multiple claims outlined in NAFA’s lawsuit against the DOL;
- Details on the Rule presented during the NAFA Annuity Leadership Forum; and
- NAFA’s next steps to challenge the Rule outside the court system.
As the president and CEO of one of the highest rated carriers in the industry*, Walter White discussed the DOL Rule’s potential impact from a carrier’s point of viewand how Allianz Life is working to help prepare financial professionals for the April 2017 implementation timeline. Brokers International knows the recent DOL Fiduciary Rule has caused questions and some concern for those in the financial services industry. “Brokers International is fully engaged with our carrier and financial institution partners, and we are working to keep our agents and agencies informed as news develops,”said Brokers International’s Williams. To read the full DOL Fiduciary Rule statement from Brokers International, view the news bulletin here. Stay connected with Brokers International for the most recent developments regarding the DOL’s Fiduciary Rule.
About Brokers International: Brokers International is one of the nation’s largest and longest-standing insurance marketing organizations. Founded in 1955, Brokers International is proud to have a history of offering dedicated resources to help grow independent financial professional’s businesses.
About Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America: Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, has been keeping its promises since 1896. Today, it carries on that tradition, helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuities and life insurance products. In 2015, Allianz Life provided a total of $2.4 billion in benefit payments that supported policyholders’ financial objectives. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with 142,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide. More than 85 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz’s knowledge, global reach, and capital strength to help them make the most of financial opportunities. For more information, visit www.allianzlife.com. Follow Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America on Twitter @AllianzLifeNews.
* The A.M. Best rating of A+ (Superior) is the second highest of 16 possible ratings, and was affirmed August 2015.
About National Association of Fixed Annuities: NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities, is the premier trade association exclusively dedicated to fixed annuities. Its mission is to promote the awareness and understanding of fixed annuities. NAFA educates annuity salespeople, regulators, legislators, journalists, and industry personnel about the value of fixed annuities and their benefits to consumers. NAFA’s membership represents every aspect of the fixed annuity marketplace covering 85% of fixed annuities sold by independent agents, advisors and brokers. NAFA was founded in 1998. For more information, visit www.nafa.com.
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Agent Success with Call Marketing
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017