VANCOUVER, BC – May 4 2016 - Hootsuite, the most widely used platform for managing social media, welcomes Amy McIlwain (pictured at right) as global industry principal of financial services. In this role, Amy will help Hootsuite customers in the financial services industry develop comprehensive social media strategies and training efforts that adhere to industry governance and regulation.
Amy founded Financial Social Media (acquired by Moore Communications Group), a digital marketing agency that focused in addressing social media compliance implications in highly regulated industries. Amy has worked with Fortune 500 banks, financial and insurance companies, and risk management organizations to implement effective and compliant social media programs for advisors, marketing and sales teams.
Hootsuite Enterprise helps financial services organizations execute compliant business strategies for the social media era. They enable more than 2500 organizations including UBS AG, Allianz Insurance and Behringer to scale social media activities across multiple teams, departments, and business units. The versatile and secure platform supports a thriving ecosystem of more than 200 technology integrations, allowing financial services firms to extend social media into existing systems, workflow and programs.
“Financial organizations today are going through a digital transformation. Social media is fundamentally changing the way we communicate and if companies fail to adopt this medium of communication, they will quickly become irrelevant in today’s digital world,” said Amy McIlwain, global industry principal of financial services at Hootsuite. “For years, I’ve looked to Hootsuite as thought leaders and trailblazers in the advancement of social media. I am excited to help define the product for advisors, marketing and sales teams looking to grow revenue while remaining compliant with industry regulation.”
“We are living through an era of massive disruption, brought on by three intersecting technology trends: social, real-time and mobile,” said Bob Elliott, senior vice president of global sales at Hootsuite. “Leading financial service organizations can leverage these trends to better connect with their customers at every touchpoint. We’re excited to welcome Amy to Hootsuite, as she can help better align their social strategies to financial compliance requirements.”
With more than 15 years experience in interactive media, Amy’s financial industry advice is regularly sought after by FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC and more. As an international speaker, Amy has delivered keynote presentations to executive audiences of large financial organizations. She is the best-selling author of, “The Social Advisor: Social Media Secrets of the Financial Industry.”
Register now and join Amy McIllwain on her webinar: How Financial Advisors are Leveraging Social Media to Amplify Their Marketing and Sales, taking place on May 19th at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST.
- Webinar Registration: http://hootsuite.com/webinars/enterprise/how-advisors-are-leveraging-social-media
- Financial Services with Hootsuite: https://hootsuite.com/financial-services
- Q&A with Amy McIlwain: https://blog.hootsuite.com/financial-industry-social-media
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name
- 2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costs
- Advances in underwriting: Saliva samples now being used to analyze biomarkers of settlement prospects