Legal & General America has 1 Million Active Inforce Customers
Legal & General America
3275 Bennett Creek Avenue
Frederick, MD 21704
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Pat Saether, Director, Creative Services
Legal & General America
301.279.4802, [email protected]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Urbana, MD, December 3, 2013 – On November 1, at 12:59 pm EDT, Legal & General America reached a new milestone: one million active inforce customers. Tara Almoney from Blacksburg, VA became the owner of a twenty-year term plan. Her broker was Danny Wilmer, a Roanoke, VA broker with Diversified Brokerage Services (DBS) and its affiliate, Personalized Brokerage Services (PBS).
Legal & General America chose to commemorate the milestone with two corporate gifts. Almoney and Wilmer each got to choose a favorite charity to receive a $1,000 donation.
“Thrilled to be Legal & General America's one millionth customer”, Almoney said she was grateful for the opportunity to choose Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church Day Care Center in Mt. Jackson, VA as the beneficiary of her good fortune. “Legal & General America is truly an exceptional, community-oriented company. I am so excited to be a part of this milestone.”
First Baptist Church of Roanoke VA was Wilmer’s charity of choice. Wilmer said he was “thankful to Legal & General America for making this all possible. I am also thankful for the support of DBS and PBS in all my endeavors. After 40 years of being in this business I can think of no other time when I have appreciated anything as much as this honor. Legal & General America has been great; two charities benefit. I am grateful to have had a part in all of this.”
For more than 60 years, the Legal & General America companies have been in the business of providing financial protection through life insurance for American families from coast to coast. Based on third quarter 2013 results, Legal & General America ranked third among US life insurance companies based on face amount issued.1
Legal & General America life insurance products are issued by Banner Life Insurance Company, Urbana, MD and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York, Garden City, NY. Banner is licensed to do business in 49 states and District of Columbia. William Penn does business exclusively in New York;
Banner does not solicit business there.
1 Source: 2013 LIMRA study; third-quarter rankings based on survey participants.
Most Popular Articles
- 2016 FMO Executive Outlook, Part I: The M&A climate, planning for the DOL Fiduciary Rule, other key challenges
- Prudential restructures U.S. life and annuity business in effort to expand customer value proposition
- Next wave of fee-based FIAs hit the market
- 4 Real Life Stories: Life Happens honors agents for exhibiting outstanding client service
- Optional benefits: Changing a ‘no’ to a ‘yes’
- Despite increasing risks, cyber insurance remains largely disregarded by those who need it most
- U.S. life and health direct premiums expected to decline for the first time in 4 years
- New study provides insight into benefits challenges facing HR professionals