LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. – OCTOBER 21, 2016 – During this Open Enrollment period, a time when vast amounts of client Personal Health Identifiers (PHI) are transmitted, the National Association of Professional Agents (NAPA) is pleased to provide compliance tools including the Identillect Delivery Trust email encryption service, to help agents ensure HIPAA compliance.
With HIPAA’s ongoing phase 2 audits, the requirement to be compliant with HIPAA is critical in the prevention of a data breach and HIPAA fines. NAPA is proud to offer its continually expanding membership a way to remain informed, compliant and effective in their endeavors by providing the best tools available for agents to be successful.
“The partnership between NAPA and Identillect came as a very organic fit. NAPA is one of the premier organizations for independent insurance agents and we are pleased to have such a strong partnership. Identillect is pleased to be the direct provider of email security for NAPA’s extensive user base,” said Todd Sexton, CEO of Identillect.
“Identillect has been a great partner, adds NAPA’s New Business Development Manager, Ted Baran. “Not only do they provide compliant email security services for our independent insurance agents, but also serve to educate them on how best to comply with the current regulations. Email security is essential when communicating PHI via email. We are pleased to be able to offer our Members an easy way to remain HIPAA compliant and avoid costly fines.”
Visit http://www.napa-benefits.org/members/deliverytrust to learn more.
About NAPA: Since 1989, NAPA has offered access to a broad portfolio of insurance products and professional services including Errors & Omissions, Life, Health and dozens of ancillary offerings to over 100,000 NAPA Members nationwide. Many of the most prominent insurance and financial companies in the industry utilize NAPA as their voluntary benefits provider. NAPA specializes in building custom company-sponsored E&O and benefit programs tailored to meet the unique needs of a sponsoring companies' distribution force. Visit http://www.napa-benefits.org to learn more.
About Identillect: Identillect's Delivery Trust™ proprietary email encryption delivery technology is targeted at organizations of all sizes, as well as individuals, and is sold to consumers on a monthly subscription basis. The product can be accessed by customers on both desktop and mobile devices, and messages are secured with patented, state-of-the-art encryption technology with the click of a button, ensuring their safety while in transit.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name
- 2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costs