CINCINNATI – Dec. 15, 2016 – Ohio National Financial Services is pleased to announce its most competitive disability income product to date, which offers unmatched value in the DI marketplace and some of the industry’s most flexible policy design.
ContinuON Income Solutions® II, which is now approved in 39 states and the District of Columbia, * offers a wide range of options for a variety of needs and budgets. Based upon a budget and level of protection needed, 36 different premium structures are available. Other features include:
· Pure own occupation definition: This rider allows the insured to receive full benefits tied to his or her own occupation even when employed elsewhere.
· Unlimited mental disorder and substance abuse coverage: This is now available to most occupations and benefits are payable up to the maximum benefit period.
· Annual Renewable Disability Income (ARDI) rider: More affordable coverage is available earlier in an insured’s working years. The low initial premium increases annually up to age 55 with an option to convert to a level premium, up to age 50.
“ContinuON Income Solutions® II marks our most competitive entry into the disability insurance market to date and is our most robust product yet, striking a balance between attractive rates and desirable features,” said Charles T. Lanigan, JD, CLU, Ohio National’s senior vice president, disability income strategic business.
Other benefits include:
· New occupation classes
· 10-year benefit period
· Residual riders – For those who are still working but suffering a loss of income, time and/or duties; basic and enhanced versions now available to all occupation classes.
· Issue age up to 70 – goes beyond the typical retirement age, which is 65.
· Hospice care benefit – If the insured is deemed totally disabled, the elimination period is waived when receiving hospice services.
· Survivor benefit – Pays up to an additional three months of benefit if the insured dies while receiving benefits.
“Income protection products shouldn’t be designed in a vacuum – they need to accommodate real people with real needs and real budgets. That is what we offer with ContinuON Income Solutions® II,” said Lanigan.
About Ohio National: Tracing its corporate origins to 1909, Ohio National markets a variety of insurance and financial products through more than 50,000 representatives in 49 states (all except New York), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and through affiliated operations in South America.
Additional subsidiaries operate in New York and Connecticut. As of Dec. 31, 2015, its affiliated companies have $40.2 billion total assets under management. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Ohio National is proud to be named a “Top Workplace” in Cincinnati for seven consecutive years by Enquirer Media (June 2010-2015) and employs more than 1,300 associates. Visit www.ohionational.com for more information.
Disability Income Insurance issued by Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Product, product features and rider availability vary by state. Product not available in CA. The policy has exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of the coverage, contact the company.
*Available in the following states as of 12/12/16: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, MO, NE, NV, NH, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, UT, WA, WV, WI, and WY
- Genworth Financial announces net loss of $122 million in 4Q, $277 million for all of 2016
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- Maximizing the potential of the $12 trillion underinsured U.S. life market
- More Americans buying life insurance direct – and opting for term – than ever before
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Are you in a Success Rut?
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League