CINCINNATI – Ohio National Financial Services has launched a new fixed indexed annuity designed to help customers reach their long-term retirement goals.
The ONdex fixed indexed annuity, which joins the company’s annuities and retirement product portfolios, provides customers the opportunity to accumulate assets by earning tax-deferred interest, subject to limitations, based in part upon the performance of a pricing index.
The ONdex fixed indexed annuity can be a good fit for someone who is retired or close to retirement age because it provides growth opportunities without the risk of losing principal from market downturns. It may be a good option for customers looking for a fixed income alternative.
“It is a strong addition to our annuity line of business, offering additional product breadth for accumulation and retirement planning, and is ideal for those with a conservative risk tolerance,” said Michael J. DeWeirdt, CFA, FRM, Ohio National’s senior vice president, annuities strategic business.
Highlights of the new ONdex fixed indexed annuity include:
- Participation in market appreciation
- Two versions for clients with different retirement time horizons and liquidity needs
- A contractual minimum interest rate guarantee that ensures the contract’s value never decreases as a result of losses an index may experience
- The choice of three quality indices
About Ohio National: Tracing its corporate origins to 1909, Ohio National markets a variety of insurance and financial products through more than 50,000 representatives in 49 states (all except New York), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and through affiliated operations in South America. Additional subsidiaries operate in New York and Connecticut. As of December 31, 2016, its affiliated companies have $41.8 billion total assets under management. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Ohio National is proud to be named a “Top Workplace” in Cincinnati for seven consecutive years by Enquirer Media (June 2010-2016) and employs more than 1,300 associates. Visit www.ohionational.com for more information.
- InsureTech Spotlight: Hurdlr app lets agents track income, expenses and taxes instantly
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference