HIGH POINT, N.C. (January 20, 2016) – 2016 has surpassed every previous annual record set by Smart Choice since the company’s inception in 1994. With the addition of over 1,100 new agency partners in 2016, the company far surpassed 2015’s record of 875 new partners. Smart Choice finished the year with a total of 5,700 agency partners total, an increase from 4,600 at the end of 2015.
Smart Choice also ended 2016 with an over 16% gross revenue increase. This achievement comes on the heels of a record-breaking year for the company in 2015, when the program experienced nearly 15% growth in gross revenues.
“This was growth that we strived for and planned for,” said Smart Choice President Andrew Caldwell. “We have surpassed goals we set for ourselves in 2016, which is both exciting and humbling. Our growth is reflective of the hard-working people from our carrier partners and at our own company. Our focus each and every day is on delivering promises and meeting the needs of independent agents in the marketplace.”
Most notably, Smart Choice’s “Smart Start” division is up a combined 75% in the personal and commercial lines divisions – averaging $460k in new business per month and $700k in new business per month, respectively.
The program offers a wide range of products and services to its partner agencies, including access to personal, commercial and life markets, in addition to business builder and business saver products. Currently serving over 5,700 agents in 43 states, Smart Choice has partnered with over 85 nationwide and local carriers.
The Smart Choice® Agents Program is a wholly-owned program of Worldwide Insurance Network, Inc. (WIN), headquartered in High Point, North Carolina. Other divisions of WIN are the Smart Choice® Franchise Corporation, provider of Smart Choice® Insurance Centers. For more information, visit www.smartchoiceagents.com.
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017
- New LTCI rates for a 60-year-old couple increase between 6% and 9% in 2017