HIGH POINT, N.C. – Smart Choice®, the nation’s fastest growing agency network, recently announced the appointment of David Wilson as Vice President of Sales and Distribution.
Wilson formerly had an extensive career with MetLife Auto & Home – a veteran partner of Smart Choice – and is very familiar with Smart Choice and its partner agencies. Most recently, he worked for Regions Insurance Group where he was directly responsible for their Personal Lines Division’s profit and growth across the nation, and interfaced directly with bank Executives to deploy personal lines growth strategies.
According to Smart Choice President Andrew Caldwell, the move brings back a key partner from the early days of the program. “David was instrumental in advocating for the success of our program from the beginning and he worked diligently as a carrier partner of ours for many years,” he explains. “He brings a vast background of experience in sales, marketing, and agency development, with the benefit of a unique perspective from the carrier side of the industry. We are all excited to have him with us and leading the efforts for our sales team.”
Wilson added, “I am very pleased and excited to be joining the Smart Choice team. I have witnessed the organization grow and expand for the past 15 years, and their commitment to the independent insurance agent is unmatched, in my opinion. The future strategy, coupled with their core principles provides a tremendous opportunity for our industry. I look forward to working with the leadership team along with all Smart Choice partners to grow our business even further.”
Wilson will work directly with the Smart Choice team to develop and expand the company’s Express Markets division. Express Markets is currently responsible for $150 million in written premium annually, and has demonstrated record growth over the last two years. Wilson will be a dedicated liaison between Smart Choice’s 16 Express Markets carriers and the 5,900 agency partners in the program. Additionally, he will work closely with the company’s State Directors and Territory Managers as they expand services.
The Smart Choice® Agents Program is a wholly-owned program of Worldwide Insurance Network, Inc. (WIN), headquartered in High Point, North Carolina. They currently serve 5,900 agency partners in 44 states. For more information, visit www.smartchoiceagents.com.
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- Annuity sales for first six months of year at lowest level since 2001
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- Massive new home of Northwestern Mutual officially opens in Milwaukee
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership