Latest in Disability IncomeMore Articles >>
Berkshire Advisor Resource and Wilson Brokerage Services merge to create new entity: Income Protection Resource GroupBerkshire Advisor Resource, Inc. and Wilson Brokerage Services recently announced a merger that will create a new company, Income Protection Resource Group, LLC.
New disability insurance program designed to meet the unique income-protection needs of physicians is underwritten by The Ohio National Life Assurance Company, Inc.
Social Security Disability applications near 1.4 million through July, Allsup reports plus 3 tips to know before filingSSDI representation service Allsup says applications have declined 7% in past 3 years due to aging U.S. workforce, and offers 3 tips to help filers increase chances of qualifying for benefits.
Colleges turning to insurance: Michigan’s Harbaugh gets raise via life insurance while schools regularly cover premiums for elite playersMichigan football coach Jim Harbaugh’s raise provides an example of how life insurance can be used for executive compensation. Meanwhile, colleges are now routinely covering premium costs to protect elite players from “loss of value” due to injury.
Just in time for Disability Insurance Awareness Month, this new company headed by DI industry veteran Daniel Steenerson is offering real-time DI coverage for the middle market in what it calls a first in the insurance industry.
Nearly 7 in 10 Americans don’t protect their paycheck with Disability Income Insurance, according to NWM studyAccording to Northwestern Mutual's 2016 Planning & Progress Study, half of Americans rely on their own job income to meet their financial obligations, yet more than two thirds (69%) do not own disability insurance to protect this integral asset in case an illness or injury interferes with their ability to work.
One of the most common mistakes people make is not insuring their paycheck. Developing this culture of risk reduction with DI for yourself and your clients not only protects your clients but ultimately, your business model.
MetLife has announced it will suspend Individual Disability Insurance (IDI) sales, effective Sept. 1, 2016, which will be the final date to submit business. The final date to place business will be Oct. 31, 2016.
Disability Income Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name