Latest in Disability IncomeMore Articles >>
New disability insurance program designed to meet the unique income-protection needs of physicians is underwritten by The Ohio National Life Assurance Company, Inc.
Social Security Disability applications near 1.4 million through July, Allsup reports plus 3 tips to know before filingSSDI representation service Allsup says applications have declined 7% in past 3 years due to aging U.S. workforce, and offers 3 tips to help filers increase chances of qualifying for benefits.
Colleges turning to insurance: Michigan’s Harbaugh gets raise via life insurance while schools regularly cover premiums for elite playersMichigan football coach Jim Harbaugh’s raise provides an example of how life insurance can be used for executive compensation. Meanwhile, colleges are now routinely covering premium costs to protect elite players from “loss of value” due to injury.
Just in time for Disability Insurance Awareness Month, this new company headed by DI industry veteran Daniel Steenerson is offering real-time DI coverage for the middle market in what it calls a first in the insurance industry.
Nearly 7 in 10 Americans don’t protect their paycheck with Disability Income Insurance, according to NWM studyAccording to Northwestern Mutual's 2016 Planning & Progress Study, half of Americans rely on their own job income to meet their financial obligations, yet more than two thirds (69%) do not own disability insurance to protect this integral asset in case an illness or injury interferes with their ability to work.
One of the most common mistakes people make is not insuring their paycheck. Developing this culture of risk reduction with DI for yourself and your clients not only protects your clients but ultimately, your business model.
MetLife has announced it will suspend Individual Disability Insurance (IDI) sales, effective Sept. 1, 2016, which will be the final date to submit business. The final date to place business will be Oct. 31, 2016.
PolicyGenius has closed a $15 million Series B funding round led by Revolution Ventures to “further reshape the direct-to-consumer insurance industry.” The company facilitates the insurance discovery and purchase process for life, long-term disability, renters, and pet insurance.
Disability Income Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017
- New LTCI rates for a 60-year-old couple increase between 6% and 9% in 2017