Latest in Disability IncomeMore Articles >>
Berkshire Advisor Resource and Wilson Brokerage Services merge to create new entity: Income Protection Resource GroupBerkshire Advisor Resource, Inc. and Wilson Brokerage Services recently announced a merger that will create a new company, Income Protection Resource Group, LLC.
New disability insurance program designed to meet the unique income-protection needs of physicians is underwritten by The Ohio National Life Assurance Company, Inc.
Social Security Disability applications near 1.4 million through July, Allsup reports plus 3 tips to know before filingSSDI representation service Allsup says applications have declined 7% in past 3 years due to aging U.S. workforce, and offers 3 tips to help filers increase chances of qualifying for benefits.
Colleges turning to insurance: Michigan’s Harbaugh gets raise via life insurance while schools regularly cover premiums for elite playersMichigan football coach Jim Harbaugh’s raise provides an example of how life insurance can be used for executive compensation. Meanwhile, colleges are now routinely covering premium costs to protect elite players from “loss of value” due to injury.
Just in time for Disability Insurance Awareness Month, this new company headed by DI industry veteran Daniel Steenerson is offering real-time DI coverage for the middle market in what it calls a first in the insurance industry.
Nearly 7 in 10 Americans don’t protect their paycheck with Disability Income Insurance, according to NWM studyAccording to Northwestern Mutual's 2016 Planning & Progress Study, half of Americans rely on their own job income to meet their financial obligations, yet more than two thirds (69%) do not own disability insurance to protect this integral asset in case an illness or injury interferes with their ability to work.
One of the most common mistakes people make is not insuring their paycheck. Developing this culture of risk reduction with DI for yourself and your clients not only protects your clients but ultimately, your business model.
MetLife has announced it will suspend Individual Disability Insurance (IDI) sales, effective Sept. 1, 2016, which will be the final date to submit business. The final date to place business will be Oct. 31, 2016.
Disability Income Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- AALU, GAMA launch partnership to unify advocacy efforts for appropriate tax treatment of life insurance
- 4 tips for finding a career mentor
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales
- National Retirement Planning Week in full swing with bevy of resources for advisors and consumers