SAN DIEGO – On the eve of Disability Insurance Awareness Month, a new company called DIonDemand launched what it calls a revolutionary new disability insurance service in 42 states across the country on April 29, offering real-time DI coverage they are trumpeting as a first in the insurance industry.
As the first source for instant policy delivery, DIonDemand facilitates direct policy purchase, which includes quoting, approving and issuing the policy in less than 20 minutes, according to a release announcing the new company’s offering.
Using innovative predictive underwriting, DIonDemand says it is able to provide its visitors with fast, easy, and affordable coverage plans. On the DIonDemand site, visitors are asked to answer nine questions anonymously. Upon completion, a number of policy options are presented to the visitor. Then, the visitor can choose the most suitable disability insurance policy and apply for coverage. The system immediately approves or declines the application and issues the policy.
“We wanted to create an expedited and affordable way for people to secure disability insurance,” said 35-year veteran disability insurance expert Daniel Steenerson, CLU, ChFC, RHU, president and CEO of DIonDemand (pictured above). “With DIonDemand, we offer instant policies written by a stable, well-regarded carrier backed by the strongest reinsurer in the world.”
Through DIonDemand, policy premiums cost approximately 1% of annual income, compared to traditional disability insurance policies, which cost approximately 3% of one’s annual salary. Meanwhile, the benefits provided by DIonDemand protect roughly 82% of the insured’s net take home pay, tax-free.
The policies offered by DIonDemand can be used individually, or as a supplement for employer-provided benefits, which are often capped and taxed, limiting the amount received. “After taxes, employer-provided disability benefits are usually insufficient to maintain a family’s lifestyle,” Steenerson says. This service is tailored specifically to benefit middle-class Americans who earn between $50,000 and $150,000 annually, on average.
“While everyone understands the importance of life, car, and home insurance, disability insurance is actually more crucial than all of those,” added Steenerson. “Without a steady paycheck, all of your assets can be at risk while all financial plans and savings go by the wayside.”
Steenerson and his agency, Disability Insurance Services, Inc., was honored earlier this year by The Standard with its Top National Disability Insurance Leadership Award, presented to the office producing the highest sales of individual disability insurance for The Standard – the 18th consecutive year Steenerson and the Disability Insurance Services, Inc., staff have been honored.
• Thoughts about this new business model? Please share them on this thread:
About DIonDemand: Headquartered in San Diego, DIonDEMAND Insurance Services was founded by the leaders of one the nation’s largest disability insurance distributors. The company’s goal is to reach a broader audience of middle-income people who need income protection even more than the affluent. In the past, this broader audience was underserved and often outpriced by the traditional disability insurance market. The DIonDEMAND.com website offers affordable income protection, with policy quote, approval and issue in real time – a first in the disability insurance industry.
May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month
For more articles, information and access to resources to learn about and promote May as Disability Insurance Awareness Month, please visit these links:
- Developing a culture of risk reduction with Disability Income Insurance
- Nearly 7 in 10 Americans don’t protect their paycheck with DI
- Council for Disability Awareness: http://www.disabilitycanhappen.org/diam/
- Life Happens: https://www.lifehappens.org/industry-resources/agent/awareness-campaigns/disability-insurance-awareness-month/introduction/
- AHIP: Disability Insurance – It’s Time for Awareness and Advice
- May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Agent Success with Call Marketing
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017