Latest in Health Care ReformMore Articles >>
MA enrollment up 6% year-over-year with enrollment expected to continue to grow, according to the latest Healthcare Business Strategy report from Mark Farrah Associates, released July 10.
CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health billMonday was an eventful day for the Senate health care bill, with the CBO analysis coming out and Republicans tweaking it to encourage Americans to maintain continuous health care coverage.
Author Wes Thompson, founder and CEO of emergency medical insurance startup Emerge, says digitization of the health insurance market is making it easier for customers to get better and cheaper health insurance.
Much shorter open enrollment period for 2018 among several policy changes designed to provide some relief for consumers and insurers.
2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costsJust-released annual health insurance trends report by DirectPath and CEB shows employers are seeking more diverse and effective health care solutions in an effort to control health care costs.
House Republicans unveiled their long-anticipated plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act on Monday afternoon. Here’s a brief primer and some quotes from a few prominent Republicans and Democrats, along with links to additional coverage.
A federal judge Monday blocked the proposed merger of Aetna and Humana on antitrust grounds, a potentially fatal legal blow to the $37 billion deal. A decision on another anti-trust suit against the proposed Anthem-Cigna merger could come before the end of the month.
Gerhart, who recently stepped down from his post as one of most high-profile insurance commissioners in the country, will be join FBL later this month. Deputy Commissioner Doug Ommen has been named as Iowa’s Interim Insurance Commissioner.
Health Care Reform Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Autonomous vehicles predicted to radically shrink auto insurance sector, change type, amount of coverage sold
- CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill
- DOL wants more public input on Fiduciary Rule
- Something to think about on National Insurance Awareness Day: 37% of adults skip life insurance
- Trio of big storm systems lead to 42% drop in 1Q net income for P&C insurers
- MetLife’s individual life, annuity business spin off to Brighthouse clears final regulatory hurdle
- Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid enrollment up while other segments decline, MFA report finds
- Group disability insurers see 13.8% increase in new sales in 2016