Latest in Health Care ReformMore Articles >>
Gerhart, who recently stepped down from his post as one of most high-profile insurance commissioners in the country, will be join FBL later this month. Deputy Commissioner Doug Ommen has been named as Iowa’s Interim Insurance Commissioner.
Congress on Wednesday approved the 21st Century Cures Act, a comprehensive health care bill which includes a provision to allow employers to provide Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) to help their employees pay for health insurance.
New Insure.com surveys rank 15 leading life insurers, health insurers by value for price, customer service and customer recommendations. Voya beat out State Farm for the top life insurer spot while boomers narrowly picked Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as the top health insurer over Blue Shield of California.
Think your city or state is a more challenging than others when it comes to selling health insurance? Check out this data, which breaks down uninsured rates for all 50 states and ranks 548 cities from fewest to most uninsured residents.
After Tuesday’s upset, the ACA appears to be in critical condition while the DOL rule may (or may not) get a stay of execution as a lower initial priority for President Elect Trump in the early months of 2017.
A quick roundup of notable news items of late from around the insurance industry.
In this op-ed from aging expert Ken Dychtwald, Ph.D., he lays out the four pivotal transpartisan issues presidential candidates Clinton and Trump must address.
Zenefits reaches first settlement with state regulators as it works to rebuild its corporate cultureZenefits reached its first of what could be many settlements with state regulators this week, agreeing to pay the state of Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance (TCDI) a fine of $62,500 for violating insurance requirements by allowing unlicensed employees to sell health insurance.
Health Care Reform Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense