Latest in Health Care ReformMore Articles >>
Much shorter open enrollment period for 2018 among several policy changes designed to provide some relief for consumers and insurers.
2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costsJust-released annual health insurance trends report by DirectPath and CEB shows employers are seeking more diverse and effective health care solutions in an effort to control health care costs.
House Republicans unveiled their long-anticipated plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act on Monday afternoon. Here’s a brief primer and some quotes from a few prominent Republicans and Democrats, along with links to additional coverage.
A federal judge Monday blocked the proposed merger of Aetna and Humana on antitrust grounds, a potentially fatal legal blow to the $37 billion deal. A decision on another anti-trust suit against the proposed Anthem-Cigna merger could come before the end of the month.
Gerhart, who recently stepped down from his post as one of most high-profile insurance commissioners in the country, will be join FBL later this month. Deputy Commissioner Doug Ommen has been named as Iowa’s Interim Insurance Commissioner.
Congress on Wednesday approved the 21st Century Cures Act, a comprehensive health care bill which includes a provision to allow employers to provide Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) to help their employees pay for health insurance.
New Insure.com surveys rank 15 leading life insurers, health insurers by value for price, customer service and customer recommendations. Voya beat out State Farm for the top life insurer spot while boomers narrowly picked Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as the top health insurer over Blue Shield of California.
Think your city or state is a more challenging than others when it comes to selling health insurance? Check out this data, which breaks down uninsured rates for all 50 states and ranks 548 cities from fewest to most uninsured residents.
Health Care Reform Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Agents Behaving Badly Part II
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- 4 tips for finding a career mentor
- AALU, GAMA launch partnership to unify advocacy efforts for appropriate tax treatment of life insurance
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales