Latest in Health Care ReformMore Articles >>
MA enrollment up 6% year-over-year with enrollment expected to continue to grow, according to the latest Healthcare Business Strategy report from Mark Farrah Associates, released July 10.
CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health billMonday was an eventful day for the Senate health care bill, with the CBO analysis coming out and Republicans tweaking it to encourage Americans to maintain continuous health care coverage.
Author Wes Thompson, founder and CEO of emergency medical insurance startup Emerge, says digitization of the health insurance market is making it easier for customers to get better and cheaper health insurance.
Much shorter open enrollment period for 2018 among several policy changes designed to provide some relief for consumers and insurers.
2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costsJust-released annual health insurance trends report by DirectPath and CEB shows employers are seeking more diverse and effective health care solutions in an effort to control health care costs.
House Republicans unveiled their long-anticipated plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act on Monday afternoon. Here’s a brief primer and some quotes from a few prominent Republicans and Democrats, along with links to additional coverage.
A federal judge Monday blocked the proposed merger of Aetna and Humana on antitrust grounds, a potentially fatal legal blow to the $37 billion deal. A decision on another anti-trust suit against the proposed Anthem-Cigna merger could come before the end of the month.
Gerhart, who recently stepped down from his post as one of most high-profile insurance commissioners in the country, will be join FBL later this month. Deputy Commissioner Doug Ommen has been named as Iowa’s Interim Insurance Commissioner.
Health Care Reform Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- LIAM updates: Podcast debunks 5 myths about life insurance; Guardian releases educational videos
- Less than half of employed Americans have workplace group life coverage
- 3 business benefits a flexible underwriter can deliver