Latest in Health Care ReformMore Articles >>
A federal judge Monday blocked the proposed merger of Aetna and Humana on antitrust grounds, a potentially fatal legal blow to the $37 billion deal. A decision on another anti-trust suit against the proposed Anthem-Cigna merger could come before the end of the month.
Gerhart, who recently stepped down from his post as one of most high-profile insurance commissioners in the country, will be join FBL later this month. Deputy Commissioner Doug Ommen has been named as Iowa’s Interim Insurance Commissioner.
Congress on Wednesday approved the 21st Century Cures Act, a comprehensive health care bill which includes a provision to allow employers to provide Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) to help their employees pay for health insurance.
New Insure.com surveys rank 15 leading life insurers, health insurers by value for price, customer service and customer recommendations. Voya beat out State Farm for the top life insurer spot while boomers narrowly picked Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as the top health insurer over Blue Shield of California.
Think your city or state is a more challenging than others when it comes to selling health insurance? Check out this data, which breaks down uninsured rates for all 50 states and ranks 548 cities from fewest to most uninsured residents.
After Tuesday’s upset, the ACA appears to be in critical condition while the DOL rule may (or may not) get a stay of execution as a lower initial priority for President Elect Trump in the early months of 2017.
A quick roundup of notable news items of late from around the insurance industry.
In this op-ed from aging expert Ken Dychtwald, Ph.D., he lays out the four pivotal transpartisan issues presidential candidates Clinton and Trump must address.
Health Care Reform Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Agent Success with Call Marketing
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017