Falls Church, Va. –The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is saddened to announce the death of Dr. Susan B. Waters, Chief Executive Officer of NAIFA. Dr. Waters, 63, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, Dec. 16, at her home in Washington, D.C.
“Susan’s passing is a great loss for the NAIFA family,” said NAIFA President Juli Y. McNeely, LUTCF, CFP, CLU. “Susan was a dedicated leader and a strong advocate for our industry. She cared very much about our members and the work they do in securing the financial futures of America’s businesses and families. Our thoughts and prayers are with Susan’s family at this difficult time. We will miss her very much.”
Dr. Waters was named CEO of NAIFA in March 2010 and had served as NAIFA’s Acting CEO since December 2009 and Deputy CEO since October 2007. She had more than 23 years of experience in professional association management, as well as experience in the insurance industry. In 2013, Dr. Waters was the recipient of the American Society of Association Executives’ Key Award, which recognizes the association CEO who demonstrates exceptional qualities of leadership and displays a deep commitment to voluntary membership organizations.
Prior to joining NAIFA, Dr. Waters was president of Sextant Consulting, a firm specializing in association governance, conflict management, strategic planning, leadership development, and meeting facilitation. In her career, she has served as the CEO of three associations, has been a licensed insurance broker, and has served as executive vice president of an insurance agency.
NAIFA’s Board of Trustees will provide further details regarding succession plans in the wake of Dr. Water’s untimely death.
- Genworth Financial announces net loss of $122 million in 4Q, $277 million for all of 2016
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- Maximizing the potential of the $12 trillion underinsured U.S. life market
- More Americans buying life insurance direct – and opting for term – than ever before
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Are you in a Success Rut?
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League