Resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes, attracting millennials to the insurance industry, workers’ comp and the effect of climate change on the insurance industry are among the topics in a social media chat series being hosted this month by the CPCU Society.
The series will complement sessions scheduled for the CPCU Society’s 2014 annual meeting, which will take place Sept. 20-23 in Anaheim, Calif. It is designed to allow CPCU Society members, annual meeting attendees and industry professionals to connect with session speakers through the Society’s Twitter and LinkedIn pages prior to the meeting.
The following four educational session speakers will chat in July:
• July 7-11: Michael W. Sullivan, JD, general managing partner of Michael Sullivan & Associates LLP, will answer questions via a LinkedIn chat surrounding California’s workers compensation law. Sullivan will be presenting at the educational session "California Comp Reform Two Years After-What Have We Learned?"
• July 17, 12-12:30 EDT: Tony Cabot, CPCU, ARM, Argo International’s director of product development for Europe, the Middle East and Asia, will discuss the effects of global climate change on the insurance industry during a live Twitter chat. Cabot will lead an educational session titled, “Hot or cold? A closer, deeper look at climate change,” during the annual meeting.
• July 21-25: Bill Wilson, CPCU, ARM, AIM, associate vice president of education and research for the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (Big “I”) and the founder and director of Big “I” Virtual University, will answer questions around resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes via a LinkedIn chat. Wilson will lead a session titled, “When worlds collide – resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes,” during the annual meeting.
• July 31, 7-7:30 p.m. EDT: Antonio Cañas, MBA, CPCU, AU, inside sales manager at Allied Insurance, will address how to attract millennials to the insurance industry, as well as how to retain them, in a live Twitter chat. Cañas will present a session at the annual meeting titled “Engaging and retaining millennials – preparing for the inevitable demographic crisis.”
Additional Twitter and LinkedIn chats in advance of the meeting will be held in August. View the complete, detailed Social Media Chat Series schedule at http://www.CPCUSociety.org/AMSocialChats.
The CPCU Society is a community of credentialed insurance professionals who promote excellence through ethical behavior and continuing education. The Society’s more than 23,000 members hold the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) designation, which requires passing eight rigorous examinations, meeting industry experience requirements, and agreeing to be bound by a strict code of professional ethics. More information about the CPCU Society is available at http://www.cpcusociety.org.
- Autonomous vehicles predicted to radically shrink auto insurance sector, change type, amount of coverage sold
- CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill
- DOL wants more public input on Fiduciary Rule
- Something to think about on National Insurance Awareness Day: 37% of adults skip life insurance
- Trio of big storm systems lead to 42% drop in 1Q net income for P&C insurers
- MetLife’s individual life, annuity business spin off to Brighthouse clears final regulatory hurdle
- Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid enrollment up while other segments decline, MFA report finds
- Group disability insurers see 13.8% increase in new sales in 2016