Resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes, attracting millennials to the insurance industry, workers’ comp and the effect of climate change on the insurance industry are among the topics in a social media chat series being hosted this month by the CPCU Society.
The series will complement sessions scheduled for the CPCU Society’s 2014 annual meeting, which will take place Sept. 20-23 in Anaheim, Calif. It is designed to allow CPCU Society members, annual meeting attendees and industry professionals to connect with session speakers through the Society’s Twitter and LinkedIn pages prior to the meeting.
The following four educational session speakers will chat in July:
• July 7-11: Michael W. Sullivan, JD, general managing partner of Michael Sullivan & Associates LLP, will answer questions via a LinkedIn chat surrounding California’s workers compensation law. Sullivan will be presenting at the educational session "California Comp Reform Two Years After-What Have We Learned?"
• July 17, 12-12:30 EDT: Tony Cabot, CPCU, ARM, Argo International’s director of product development for Europe, the Middle East and Asia, will discuss the effects of global climate change on the insurance industry during a live Twitter chat. Cabot will lead an educational session titled, “Hot or cold? A closer, deeper look at climate change,” during the annual meeting.
• July 21-25: Bill Wilson, CPCU, ARM, AIM, associate vice president of education and research for the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (Big “I”) and the founder and director of Big “I” Virtual University, will answer questions around resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes via a LinkedIn chat. Wilson will lead a session titled, “When worlds collide – resolving insurance coverage and claims disputes,” during the annual meeting.
• July 31, 7-7:30 p.m. EDT: Antonio Cañas, MBA, CPCU, AU, inside sales manager at Allied Insurance, will address how to attract millennials to the insurance industry, as well as how to retain them, in a live Twitter chat. Cañas will present a session at the annual meeting titled “Engaging and retaining millennials – preparing for the inevitable demographic crisis.”
Additional Twitter and LinkedIn chats in advance of the meeting will be held in August. View the complete, detailed Social Media Chat Series schedule at http://www.CPCUSociety.org/AMSocialChats.
The CPCU Society is a community of credentialed insurance professionals who promote excellence through ethical behavior and continuing education. The Society’s more than 23,000 members hold the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) designation, which requires passing eight rigorous examinations, meeting industry experience requirements, and agreeing to be bound by a strict code of professional ethics. More information about the CPCU Society is available at http://www.cpcusociety.org.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name