IBM’s Louis Gerstner, campaign architect David Plouffe to speak at upcoming LIMRA Annual Conference
A conversation on customer-focused, results-driven attitudes with retired Chairman and CEO of IBM Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. highlights the upcoming LIMRA Annual Conference at the Marriott Marquis in New York Oct. 26-28.
Gerstner, Jr. will close the conference with a talk on leadership and transformation, recounting the many challenges he took on in the transformation of IBM.
The theme of the conference is how the life insurance industry can gain relevance in today’s fast-paced world of nonstop connectivity and shifting priorities. From Millennials to Baby Boomers, today's consumers are constantly inundated with information and product choices that impact their financial priorities and buying behaviors. Yet, this does not change their need to address risks such as premature death or outliving their assets.
At the LIMRA Annual Conference, high-profile leaders will explore how to address this challenge. Speakers from within the industry and other business models will offer insight on today's "social sharing" culture, the power of big data, and the political and demographic changes ahead.
Beyond Gerstner’s session, here are some of the program’s other highlights:
• Robert A. Kerzner, president and CEO of LIMRA, LOMA, LL Global will open the conference with a presentation that looks at what organizations need to do now to connect with consumers in an increasingly distracted world.
• David Plouffe, “architect” of President Barack Obama's two presidential victories will speak on big data, millennials and today’s dynamic landscape.
• “Executive Perspective” is a panel of industry leaders who will discuss strategies to overcome the challenges confronting their companies and industry at large. Moderated by Bob Kerzner, the panelists include:
Deanna M. Mulligan, president and chief executive officer, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
William J. Wheeler, president, Americas, MetLife, Inc.
Larry D. Zimpleman, chairman, president and chief executive officer of the Principal Financial Group.
• Two speakers will focus their presentations on the emergence of Gen Y:
Jason Dorsey is the author of “Y-Size Your Business” will discuss how multiple generations in one company can work together to achieve measurable results.
Lauren Friese, founder of TalentEgg, a leading job recruiting website in Canada, challenges stereotypes about Generation Y workers and how organizations can unlock their unique potential.
For more information or to register for the event, click here.
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference
- Millennials pose greater auto risk than previous generations at same age, but appear worth it in long run