Latest in Indexed Universal LifeMore Articles >>
Whole life leads way in absolute dollar growth for first half of year, but IUL sparks 2Q with 8% growth. Despite premium growth, total policy count is down 3% so far.
A recent court case puts the spotlight on an issue of UL policies terminating at age 100.
Indexed life sales in the first quarter of 2017 were higher than any 1Q ever, says Sheryl Moore in the latest edition of Wink’s Sales & market Report.
Nine of top 10 carriers report increased sales with whole life and universal life driving growth.
When his clients ask what they need to know about life insurance, Dick Weber, a past president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and a fee-only insurance fiduciary, likes to share these five most important things.
Whole life product sales, which accounted for 36% of the total life market in 2016, drive overall growth while total UL sales represent 37% and term 21% according to LIMRA’s summary of last year.
While individual life insurance new annualized premium has increased 2% over the first half of 2016, a 7% decline in indexed universal life sales stifled overall sales in the second quarter thanks in large part to AG49. Transamerica stays at top for IUL market share and best-selling product.
As Life Insurance Awareness Month begins, we’re all called upon to help ensure that people have protection and the potential to secure their financial futures. Index universal life insurance may be one of the drivers of success in that mission, and also holds potential to boost the business objectives of financial professionals.
Indexed Universal Life Forums Topics
Most Popular Articles
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- LIAM updates: Podcast debunks 5 myths about life insurance; Guardian releases educational videos
- Less than half of employed Americans have workplace group life coverage