People buy life insurance not because of statistics or numbers; they buy it because they love someone and want to make sure they'd be OK financially if they were to die prematurely.
But more than 100 million Americans aren't doing that!
That's why in the Valentine's Day month of February Life Happens coordinates the “Insure Your Love” awareness campaign. All the marketing resources the industry nonprofit has created show what life insurance does, not just what it is.
And this year's just-announced theme reinforces that:
It’s not too early to start planning your strategy in advance of February. Life Happens has a wide range of new resources, which have been created and arranged by "life stages" as well as for single moms, including:
- 8 new “Insure Your Love” flyers, with multicultural variations
- 4 new “In Their Own Words” and Real Life Stories flyers
- A month of prewritten social media posts in a calendar format
- 4 "cinemagraphs" — eye-catching visuals that take advantage of the latest trend on Facebook
- 12 great social-media graphics, including statistics and inspiration
- 12+ videos, many of them short — making them great for social, and more!
Plus, all the resources are EVERGREEN. They are not "stamped" with February or Valentine's Day, so this campaign could work at any time of the year.
Remember, to access any of these resources, you'll have to sign into the Life Happens site (or create a free account, if you haven't already). Basic users will get access to a sampling of the Insure Your Love resources, while Life Happens Pro users get access to ALL the resources. In addition, Life Happens Pro allows you to personalize, customize and embed these tools. Learn more at www.LifeHappensPro.org.
2015 has been a big year at Life Happens, particularly in terms of the expanding reach of its various awareness campaigns and digital marketing resources. Among the highlights:
- Launch of Life Happens Pro, a brand new service providing customizable award-winning marketing resources to agents
- “Life Insurance 101” YouTube video has garnered more than 1 million views
- Life Happens Facebook posts have reached more than 34 million
- Life Lessons scholarship program has now awarded $230,000
- 2015 Life Insurance Awareness Month Spokesperson Anthony Anderson’s Public Service Announcements have reached more than 312 million people (a new LIAM record)
- LIAM digital advertising efforts reached 74 million people
- Consumers exposed to Life Happens video ads are 75% more likely to seek out information about buying life insurance
For more information, visit the Life Happens website.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name