ORLANDO, Fla. – The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) has confirmed a number of prominent speakers from the arenas of life insurance and financial services, social media marketing, state regulation and capital markets for its 21st Annual Fall Life Settlement & Compliance Conference, set for Oct. 18-20 at the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach, Fla.
The elite speaker lineup includes the director of enforcement for the Texas State Securities Board, two leading experts in life insurance marketing, an executive from one of the largest independent life insurance brokerage firms, and a co-founder of one of the leading institutional investor funds in the life settlements market.
This year's Fall Conference, "Waves of Change: Oceans of Opportunity," will focus on the new trends, key players and evolving business opportunities in the life settlement industry. The event is designed for various industry participants – including life settlement brokers, providers, financing entities and other investing professionals – as well as anyone interested in becoming a part of the business.
The conference will feature a lineup of several influential speakers, including:
- Joseph Rotunda, director of the Enforcement Division of the Texas State Securities Board, will address issues related to fractionalized investments in life settlements;
- Jeffrey McGregor, a 34-year veteran of the insurance and financial services industries, will share insights about making the connection of life settlements with consumer advisors;
- Crystal Washington, a marketing expert and host of a weekly television segment, will provide a range of tips and best practices regarding how to create an effective social media strategy;
- Pamela Bancsi, director of Insurance Services for ValMark Securities Inc., a broker-dealer with 443 registered representatives nationwide will lead a panel discussion focused on how to improve the life settlement transaction process; and
- Jeff Serra, the founder and chief executive officer of institutional investor Vida Capital, Inc., will be interviewed by Cyndi Poveda, chair of LISA and chief executive officer of Life Equity LLC., featuring an institutional investor's unique perspective of the life settlement industry.
"This is undoubtedly among the most impressive speaker lineups we've had for a LISA conference," said Darwin Bayston, president and chief executive officer of LISA. "That may explain why our registrations are well ahead of pace for any of our conferences in the past five years."
• See also: When is a life settlement right for a client?
According to Bayston, there are still conference registration slots available for attendees, but hotel room availability is filling up quickly.
In addition to the main program, the conference also includes a dedicated life settlement compliance track, through which attorneys can earn CLE credits by attending educational sessions and a compliance program solution workshop. For more information or to register now, please go to www.lisa.org.
About the Life Insurance Settlement Association: The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) is the nation's oldest and largest organization representing participants in the life settlement Industry, with a current membership of more than 90 companies doing business in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The mission of LISA is to promote the development, integrity and reputation of the life settlement industry, to advance the highest standards of practice and professional development for the industry, and to educate consumers and advisors about a life settlement as an alternative to lapse or surrender of a life insurance policy. For more information, visit www.lisa.org.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name