Steady growth and emerging trends will be on the minds of life settlement brokers, providers, service providers and institutional investing professionals when they convene in the Windy City during the middle of May for the 22nd annual Spring Life Settlement Conference.
The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) will be hosting the event May 15-17, at the Hilton Palmer House in Chicago.
“The theme of this year’s Spring Conference is ‘Powering Growth’ and the program will focus on the improved market conditions that have led to steady growth in the life settlement industry over the last couple years,” said Darwin M. Bayston, CFA, president and CEO of LISA. “We’ll also take a close look at some emerging trends that we believe will power continued growth in the future.”
The conference will bring together a wide range of industry participants to discuss marketplace developments, regulatory and legislative updates, best practices when working with consumers and new business opportunities.
Colin Devine, Principal of C. Devine & Associates and a veteran life insurance industry analyst, will deliver the opening keynote address, “The Future of the Life Settlement Market.” Additional keynote speakers include: Paul Green, Director of the Institute for Politics at Roosevelt University in Chicago, who will provide a geopolitical forecast; and S. Jay Olshansky, Ph.D., Professor in the School of Public Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who will share some of his latest research on estimating life expectancy.
Other conference session topics include:
- The latest underwriting and life expectancy trends
- Economic forecasts and how they will affect the life settlement industry and consumers
- Fiduciary standards for advisors and analysis of the Department of Labor’s final Fiduciary Rule
- The newest information on Cost of Insurance (COI) increases
- In-depth coverage of investor issues
“In addition to the educational content, LISA conferences have long been known for professional networking and this year’s Spring Conference will deliver plenty of those opportunities as well,” said Bayston.
For more information or to register now, please go to www.lisa.org.
About the Life Insurance Settlement Association: The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) is the nation’s oldest and largest organization representing participants in the life settlement Industry, with a current membership of more than 90 companies doing business in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The mission of LISA is to promote the development, integrity and reputation of the life settlement industry, to advance the highest standards of practice and professional development for the industry, and to educate consumers and advisors about a life settlement as an alternative to lapse or surrender of a life insurance policy. For more information, visit www.lisa.org.
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership
- Less than half of employed Americans have workplace group life coverage
- 3 business benefits a flexible underwriter can deliver