Monday’s solar eclipse wasn’t the only thing attracting lots of attention in Milwaukee this week.
Northwestern Mutual officially celebrated the grand opening of the company’s state-of-the-art 32-story downtown Milwaukee skyscraper on Monday, dubbed the Northwestern Mutual Tower & Commons.
The $450 million, 550-foot-tall glass structure dominating the Milwaukee lakefront skyline boasts 1.1 million square feet of office space designed “for innovation and collaboration, representing the company's commitment to delivering the financial security experience its clients want and need,” according to a release announcing the grand opening.
“The Tower and Commons connects the company's historic past with the bright promise of its future,” the release went on to say.
"With its sleek glass exterior and innovative work environment, our Tower and Commons building represents our transformation—from being the best life insurance company to being the best financial security company," said John E. Schlifske, chairman and CEO of Northwestern Mutual. "Our new building will help us meet the multiple financial needs of clients for decades to come.”
Northwestern Mutual, the release noted, has achieved record growth in recent years and is transforming its business to meet clients' evolving needs. “The company is committed to delivering an unmatched client experience that seamlessly combines the expertise of a trusted financial representative with a robust digital platform,” the statement said.
"Our new building demonstrates our confidence in the future of Northwestern Mutual," said Schlifske. "Everything about it is designed to help employees collaborate and innovate to deliver greater value to our clients. We also look forward to attracting and retaining the talent we need to grow."
The company says the facility strengthens its connection to the community and hometown. It's one of the first significant 21st century building projects for Milwaukee and has already reshaped the city's skyline. The Northwestern Mutual Gardens, which offer nearly three acres of landscaped green space, walkways and seating areas, are open to the public.
Construction began in fall 2014, and it will house approximately 2,400 employees who will move into the new workspace from other buildings that make up the company's downtown and Franklin campuses.
To learn more about Northwestern Mutual visit www.northwesternmutual.com.
• See the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/7991454-northwestern-mutual-tower-and-commons-opening/
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- Annuity sales for first six months of year at lowest level since 2001
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- Massive new home of Northwestern Mutual officially opens in Milwaukee
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership