MDRT annual meeting set to kick off in Toronto
Approximately 4,000 of the world’s top producers are expected to attend the Million Dollar Round Table’s 2014 Annual Meeting, which kicks off in Toronto on Sunday, June 8, and continues through June 11.
In addition to the motivational-oriented Main Platform general sessions on Monday and Tuesday mornings, the meeting features Focus Sessions each day that comprise the main educational component of the program. The Focus Sessions are broken into six categories: Protection, Sales Ideas, Wealth Management, Practice Management, Whole Person and Language-Specific.
Michelle L. Hoesly, CLU, ChFC, is presiding over this year’s meeting as the association’s 88th President. To qualify for membership in MDRT, producers must meet production requirements and must submit an application each year. For 2014 membership, based on 2013 production, members had to achieve $91,000 of eligible commission, $182,000 of eligible premium or $156,000 in income. Top of the Table qualifiers needed to hit $546,000 commission, $1,092,000 premium or $936,000 in income.
Founded in 1927, the MDRT has more than 38,000 qualifiers from more than 450 companies in 74 countries around the world.
If you are or have been an MDRT qualifier, what are your thoughts about the organization and its annual meeting? Join the conversation here.
- Millennials' love/hate relationship with insurance
- Glad you asked: The 5 most important things to know about life insurance
- "Do-It-Yourselfers" not as capable as they think at managing finances
- May's Disability Insurance Awareness Month campaigns focus on younger working adults; small business owners
- Med Supp market sees 6% growth in 2016 according to new data
- FINRA Chair: Even if Trump repeals Fiduciary Rule, it has already reshaped industry
- Digitization ensuring insurance is no longer a costly headache
- Leigh Ann Pusey stepping down as AIA’s President and CEO