Chief Executive Officer Jack Chiasson, CAE, announced his retirement this week after 13 years of service to the National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA). Chiasson will depart at the end of May 2017.
In a letter to the NAILBA Board of Directors, Chiasson said, "NAILBA has never been 'just a job' for me," and concluded, "My work here has been the highlight of my career. I have enjoyed working with an outstanding staff and amazing volunteer leaders to move the organization forward."
In accordance with NAILBA's Succession Plan, adopted in 2015, the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors has already begun to assemble a Search Committee to find a new CEO. The Search Committee, along with an executive search firm to be selected, will work together on this effort.
"For the past 13 years Jack has done a great job as the CEO of NAILBA, so of course congratulations are in order for his pending retirement. He will be remembered by all for his selfless contributions and significant accomplishments, while managing a great staff dedicated to our leading insurance association. For all that we say 'Thank You and our deepest appreciation,'" said NAILBA's 2017 chairman Jim Sorebo, CEO of Marlton, N.J.-based Four Seasons Financial Group.
In a meeting with the NAILBA staff, Sorebo commented, "Jack is leaving the organization and staff in fantastic shape for the future. The strategic plan will be completed before he leaves, which is exactly what you'd expect from him, always putting NAILBA first. We'll be sure to demonstrate our appreciation to Jack at this year's Annual Meeting – definitely not one to be missed!"
Chiasson will continue to oversee the NAILBA headquarters day-to-day operations until May 31. Upon his retirement, until a new CEO is hired, Susan Klemmer will serve as Interim CEO. Klemmer was hired in 2010 as the Director of Marketing and Communications and has served as the Deputy CEO since 2011.
About NAILBA: The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA), based in Fiarfax, Va., is the premiere insurance industry organization promoting financial security and consumer choice through the use of independent brokerage distribution. For more information visit www.nailba.org.
- 2016 FMO Executive Outlook, Part I: The M&A climate, planning for the DOL Fiduciary Rule, other key challenges
- Prudential restructures U.S. life and annuity business in effort to expand customer value proposition
- What it takes to be an ‘Agent for the Future’
- Next wave of fee-based FIAs hit the market
- 4 Real Life Stories: Life Happens honors agents for exhibiting outstanding client service
- Optional benefits: Changing a ‘no’ to a ‘yes’
- U.S. life and health direct premiums expected to decline for the first time in 4 years
- New study provides insight into benefits challenges facing HR professionals