Chief Executive Officer Jack Chiasson, CAE, announced his retirement this week after 13 years of service to the National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA). Chiasson will depart at the end of May 2017.
In a letter to the NAILBA Board of Directors, Chiasson said, "NAILBA has never been 'just a job' for me," and concluded, "My work here has been the highlight of my career. I have enjoyed working with an outstanding staff and amazing volunteer leaders to move the organization forward."
In accordance with NAILBA's Succession Plan, adopted in 2015, the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors has already begun to assemble a Search Committee to find a new CEO. The Search Committee, along with an executive search firm to be selected, will work together on this effort.
"For the past 13 years Jack has done a great job as the CEO of NAILBA, so of course congratulations are in order for his pending retirement. He will be remembered by all for his selfless contributions and significant accomplishments, while managing a great staff dedicated to our leading insurance association. For all that we say 'Thank You and our deepest appreciation,'" said NAILBA's 2017 chairman Jim Sorebo, CEO of Marlton, N.J.-based Four Seasons Financial Group.
In a meeting with the NAILBA staff, Sorebo commented, "Jack is leaving the organization and staff in fantastic shape for the future. The strategic plan will be completed before he leaves, which is exactly what you'd expect from him, always putting NAILBA first. We'll be sure to demonstrate our appreciation to Jack at this year's Annual Meeting – definitely not one to be missed!"
Chiasson will continue to oversee the NAILBA headquarters day-to-day operations until May 31. Upon his retirement, until a new CEO is hired, Susan Klemmer will serve as Interim CEO. Klemmer was hired in 2010 as the Director of Marketing and Communications and has served as the Deputy CEO since 2011.
About NAILBA: The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA), based in Fiarfax, Va., is the premiere insurance industry organization promoting financial security and consumer choice through the use of independent brokerage distribution. For more information visit www.nailba.org.
- InsureTech Spotlight: Hurdlr app lets agents track income, expenses and taxes instantly
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference