MCKINNEY, Texas – Liberty National Life Insurance Company recently launched its first sports partnership with the winningest racing team in NASCAR history, Roush Fenway Racing.
Previous Daytona 500 winner, Trevor Bayne (right), is set to drive the No. 6 Liberty National Ford Fusion, debuting at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March 2017.
"Liberty National is a well-respected brand," said Bayne. "I can't wait to see the No. 6 Liberty National Ford on track. Our goal is to put the Liberty National car up front and compete for race wins."
Bayne became the youngest winner in the history of the famed Daytona 500 in 2011, and in the process pulled off one of the biggest upsets in sports history by winning the sport’s premiere event in only his second NASCAR Sprint Cup series start. Just one day after his 20th birthday, Bayne took the checkered flag in the “Super Bowl” of motorsports and vaulted himself into the national spotlight. He finished 22nd overall in the Sprint Cup standings in 2016 with a pair of top-five finishes.
Since 1948, NASCAR has thrived as a family favorite, family owned and operated sport. Liberty National has served middle-income families since 1900, making the Liberty National/Roush-Fenway partnership a natural fit. Liberty National Life Insurance Company will be featured on the No. 6 car at select tracks, including Daytona International Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, and Bristol Motor Speedway.
"Our long history in the insurance industry coupled with Jack Roush's long history in NASCAR is an important piece to this new relationship. Liberty National already serves a NASCAR fan base, so it makes sense we explore opportunities in the sport," said Liberty National President, Steve DiChiaro.
Liberty National has employees in its McKinney, Texas, and Birmingham, Ala., offices. LNL also has independently operated local offices and independent contractors throughout the United States. Liberty National is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), headquartered in McKinney. Torchmark's other insurance subsidiaries include American Income Life, Globe Life, United American, and Family Heritage Life. Visit www.LNLRacing.com for more information.
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership
- LIAM updates: Podcast debunks 5 myths about life insurance; Guardian releases educational videos
- Less than half of employed Americans have workplace group life coverage
- 3 business benefits a flexible underwriter can deliver