NAILBA 33 kicks off in earnest on Thursday morning in Hollywood, Fla., with a “State of the Industry” panel during the Opening General Session featuring some of the top executives speaking about the future of brokerage.
More than 1,300 wholesale life insurance distribution industry professionals are expected to attend the 33rd annual meeting of the National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies at the Diplomat Resort and Spa, with events scheduled Wednesday through Saturday.
The most important issues affecting the industry today will be discussed during the State of the Industry panel, which features Garth Garlock, North American Company for Life and Health Insurance; Jim Kerley, LIMRA; Melinda Meyer, ValMark Securities, Inc.; Kent Sluyter, Prudential; and Michael Tessler, Brokerage Unlimited, Inc.
The annual meeting has received a bit of an overhaul this year, according to NAILBA Chairman Barbara Crowley, including having a specific block of time set aside for members to meet with carriers – during the day.
"We're excited to gather the brokerage community together for our all-new annual meeting," Crowley said. "The changes we've implemented to the schedule and the educational content developed by the Professional Development Committee will deliver unmatched value to our members, exhibitors and sponsors."
Other highlights of the last major industry event of 2014 include:
- Announcement of the Douglas Mooers Award of Excellence recipient at the Mooers Award Dinner (which is on a new night this year)
- A closing general session featuring a keynote presentation by author, entrepreneur and marketer Seth Godin
- A closing reception featuring the NAILBA Charitable Foundation Live Auction
- Workshops addressing topics including Risk Appraisal Forum's 2015 Underwriting Forecast, technology standard-setting in insurance, technology and social media, sales strategies for various product lines, and more
- A half-day innovation workshop designed to build on the strategies introduced at last year's Innovation Workshop
- A lively Exhibit Hall with more than 80 exhibitors
Registration is limited to NAILBA members, exhibitors, sponsors and approved members of the trade press to encourage meaningful interaction and networking. Complete program details and a final meeting program are available at www.nailba.org/nailba33.
Stay tuned for more coverage of the event on Insurance Forums.
The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA) is the premiere insurance industry organization promoting financial security and consumer choice through the use of independent brokerage distribution. NAILBA serves as the national association of life, health and annuity insurance distributors. For more information visit www.nailba.org.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- Why prospecting fails and what to do about it
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts