Joint Vertafore and Hanover Research study finds that despite digital disruption challenges, increases in IT budgets and adoption of business software at independent agencies demonstrate a renewed sense of optimism.
A sizable recent civil judgment stemming from a collision at a ski area underscores the versatility of homeowners and renters insurance, where the general liability provisions are frequently overlooked by consumers.
Industry applauding his advocacy efforts during a near 10-year tenure; new role at University of South Carolina will allow him to educate and attract talent to the insurance industry.
Personal Umbrella Forums Topics
Hi, I have a client that owns a home that's insured with a surplus lines carrier. Do you know of a standalone umbrella carrier that will write this? Thanks in advance....
I have a prospect that I'm trying to pick up the rest of his business, and he's needing an umbrella. He had a large fire loss in 2013 ($1.3m paid), due to the damage of adjoining townhomes. My only market for non-standard umbrella's has declined (Appalachian Underwriters). Anyone else know of a market? Thanks! *I should mention, this is in Texas....
Any markets, specifically in CA, that will write personal umbrella for client with a DUI, _*AND*_ will accept underlying auto BI of 250/500? Every market I have checked with has either declined or require 500/500 BI when a DUI is present. I tried searching the forums and this hasn't been addressed since 2011. Thanks!...
Most Popular Articles
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership
- LIAM updates: Podcast debunks 5 myths about life insurance; Guardian releases educational videos
- Less than half of employed Americans have workplace group life coverage
- 3 business benefits a flexible underwriter can deliver