SAN FRANCISCO — LIMRA and LOMA announced the winners of the third annual Social Media Silver Bowl Awards at the 2015 Social Media Conference for Financial Services held Aug. 19-21 in San Francisco.
The Social Media Silver Bowl awards recognize originality, innovation and effective social media campaigns or programs by financial services companies. In the past, award categories acknowledged the best use of platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. In 2015, the awards recognize best use of social media for specific business areas such as customer service, recruiting and others.
“We re-positioned our award categories because social media has quickly evolved to become social business,” said Stephen Selby, assistant vice president of Regulatory Services for LIMRA. “We want the Silver Bowl awards to reflect the innovative work by financial services companies in the areas that are essential to their business.”
Twenty-seven companies from five different countries submitted 48 entries for consideration. LIMRA and LOMA enlisted 30 financial services executives to judge the submissions. Executives did not review submissions from their company.
The 2015 LIMRA LOMA Social Media Silver Bowl Award winners
• Best Integrated Social Media Campaign:
Voya Financial: “Born to Save”
• Best Use of Social Media by an Agent/Advisor:
Thrivent Financial: Hannah Sorensen
Sun Life Financial: Rebecca May-Gorges
• Best Use of Social Media for Customer Service:
Allianz Turkey: “Social Customer Care”
• Best Use of an Emerging Social Channel:
Transamerica: Vine Campaign
• Best Use of Social Media for Social Good:
John Hancock: “There’s Only One Boston”
• Best Use of Social Media for Recruiting:
COUNTRY Financial: “Candidate Experience”
• Best Use of Social Media for Consumer Education:
Prudential: “Bring Your Challenges”
• Best Use of Social Media by a Company Outside the United States:
Allianz Turkey: “Becoming One”
The Social Media Conference for Financial Services brings together social media leaders from the financial services industry with other experts from inside and outside the industry. Each year executives and their teams in Marketing, e-Marketing, Sales, Distribution, Compliance, IT, and Operations attend the conference to learn the latest developments in social media and how to apply them to their businesses.
Recent LIMRA research has found that six in 10 financial services companies are providing training and content to support social media use by their professionals. The sixth annual LIMRA LOMA Social Media Conference for Financial Services was designed specifically to help companies effectively use social media and assist their salespeople in social media use.
For more information visit: LIMRA LOMA 2015 Social Media Conference for Financial Services.
About LIMRA: LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 64 countries. Visit LIMRA at www.limra.com.
About LOMA: Established in 1924, with 1,200-plus member companies in over 80 countries, LOMA is committed to a business partnership with its worldwide members in the insurance and financial services industry to improve their management and operations through quality employee development, research, information sharing and related products and services. To find out more about LOMA and the learning opportunities it offers, visit LOMA’s website at www.loma.org.
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense