How automated email campaigns are used to maintain meaningful client communication
Keeping your current clients happy is essential to running your agency. After all, it's about 50% easier to sell to existing clients than to new ones. So, other than sending them generic birthday and Christmas cards, what else can you be doing to make sure a strong relationship is maintained?
The answer is simple. It's the same way you maintain any other relationship: communication.
Communication with your clients is a little trickier than communication with your friends or family, though. For example, it's probably not good practice to call or email a client just to ask them "what's up?" Each communication touchpoint should be meaningful. When thinking about meaningful communication, think about the client, not yourself. What is meaningful to them rather than to you?
If you're like most agents, you know that you need to have proactive communication with your clients, but time and scalability are the major barriers. You can't reach out to every client every time a meaningful touchpoint arises – or can you?
Automated email campaigns
Automated email campaigns are used to send sets of emails (drips) based on date and/or time events such as a renewal date approaching or a customer is turning 65. They can also be used for action-based events such as when an individual changes from a lead to a customer.
Meaningful communication touchpoints will arise; you just need to identify them. Once you've decided which triggers are meaningful, set up the communication approach you want to take and let it run. Of course, this still needs to be maintained, and you will want to always make sure what you're sending continues to be relevant.
This approach allows you to scale your communication efforts across your entire book-of-business and take resources away from a portion of your client retention efforts and focus them elsewhere – like making new sales!
The problem: Maintaining proactive communication with your clients.
The solution: Automated email campaigns.
• Do you have experience using automated email campaigns to stay in touch with your clients? Please visit this new thread to share your thoughts on the subject, or ask more questions.
Mike Ivory is the Marketing Operations Specialist for AgencyBloc, an Agency Management System built specifically for health and life insurance agencies (Solo, GA's, MGA's, IMO's, FMO's). Mike can be reached at [email protected] or at 866-338-7075.
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference
- Millennials pose greater auto risk than previous generations at same age, but appear worth it in long run