Driving Traffic to Your Insurance Website: SEO Tips
You don’t have to be a gigantic insurance company to drive traffic to your website. Although there is no single strategy that will boost your small business website to the top of Google’s charts, there are certain measures you can take to ensure growth in the number of page views. Our forum members shared their best SEO strategies and tips with us.
For example, forum user TheNewGuy from Michigan Health Insurance told us that an old domain name with content on it can provide more immediate value than a new site name, even if you and your company prefer the new site name. He said, “If you are choosing between the two, choose the old one until you get some rankings. You can always do what is called a 301 redirect from the old one to the new one down the road.” Since domain and site age are important ranking factors, an older site is more valuable.
Users can also turn to PPC (pay-per-click) methods to run campaigns locally, statewide, nationwide, or internationally. Using Google AdWords or Bing Ads to generate page views can be done either through a contractor, or by yourself - it just takes a bit of time and energy to figure it out.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name