Driving Traffic to Your Insurance Website: SEO Tips
You don’t have to be a gigantic insurance company to drive traffic to your website. Although there is no single strategy that will boost your small business website to the top of Google’s charts, there are certain measures you can take to ensure growth in the number of page views. Our forum members shared their best SEO strategies and tips with us.
For example, forum user TheNewGuy from Michigan Health Insurance told us that an old domain name with content on it can provide more immediate value than a new site name, even if you and your company prefer the new site name. He said, “If you are choosing between the two, choose the old one until you get some rankings. You can always do what is called a 301 redirect from the old one to the new one down the road.” Since domain and site age are important ranking factors, an older site is more valuable.
Users can also turn to PPC (pay-per-click) methods to run campaigns locally, statewide, nationwide, or internationally. Using Google AdWords or Bing Ads to generate page views can be done either through a contractor, or by yourself - it just takes a bit of time and energy to figure it out.
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference
- Millennials pose greater auto risk than previous generations at same age, but appear worth it in long run