Driving Traffic to Your Insurance Website: SEO Tips
You don’t have to be a gigantic insurance company to drive traffic to your website. Although there is no single strategy that will boost your small business website to the top of Google’s charts, there are certain measures you can take to ensure growth in the number of page views. Our forum members shared their best SEO strategies and tips with us.
For example, forum user TheNewGuy from Michigan Health Insurance told us that an old domain name with content on it can provide more immediate value than a new site name, even if you and your company prefer the new site name. He said, “If you are choosing between the two, choose the old one until you get some rankings. You can always do what is called a 301 redirect from the old one to the new one down the road.” Since domain and site age are important ranking factors, an older site is more valuable.
Users can also turn to PPC (pay-per-click) methods to run campaigns locally, statewide, nationwide, or internationally. Using Google AdWords or Bing Ads to generate page views can be done either through a contractor, or by yourself - it just takes a bit of time and energy to figure it out.
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense