Interviewing To Be A Commercial Lines Producer
Is interviewing for a commercial lines position different from a personal lines interview? One agent came to the forum seeking advice on what questions he should ask in the interview, outside of details on compensation and production expectations.
Experts advised asking about health benefits, leads, training, and CSR support is also essential. In addition, finding out which commercial markets the company is competitive in can provide a context for the types of production agents will be expected to focus on.
Other areas of focus for interviewees include what equity the company has in the book, what the buyout provision is if an agent leaves, how many carriers the company represents, and do they pay “as earned”? Agents noted, “Commercial insurance can be very lucrative, but will take longer to get the ball rolling in, than just regular home and auto insurance.”
- Phase II of Fiduciary Rule implementation to be delayed 18 months
- Prudential restructures U.S. life and annuity business in effort to expand customer value proposition
- Next wave of fee-based FIAs hit the market
- 4 Real Life Stories: Life Happens honors agents for exhibiting outstanding client service
- Optional benefits: Changing a ‘no’ to a ‘yes’
- Despite increasing risks, cyber insurance remains largely disregarded by those who need it most
- U.S. life and health direct premiums expected to decline for the first time in 4 years
- New study provides insight into benefits challenges facing HR professionals