Interviewing To Be A Commercial Lines Producer
Is interviewing for a commercial lines position different from a personal lines interview? One agent came to the forum seeking advice on what questions he should ask in the interview, outside of details on compensation and production expectations.
Experts advised asking about health benefits, leads, training, and CSR support is also essential. In addition, finding out which commercial markets the company is competitive in can provide a context for the types of production agents will be expected to focus on.
Other areas of focus for interviewees include what equity the company has in the book, what the buyout provision is if an agent leaves, how many carriers the company represents, and do they pay “as earned”? Agents noted, “Commercial insurance can be very lucrative, but will take longer to get the ball rolling in, than just regular home and auto insurance.”
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name