Interviewing To Be A Commercial Lines Producer
Is interviewing for a commercial lines position different from a personal lines interview? One agent came to the forum seeking advice on what questions he should ask in the interview, outside of details on compensation and production expectations.
Experts advised asking about health benefits, leads, training, and CSR support is also essential. In addition, finding out which commercial markets the company is competitive in can provide a context for the types of production agents will be expected to focus on.
Other areas of focus for interviewees include what equity the company has in the book, what the buyout provision is if an agent leaves, how many carriers the company represents, and do they pay “as earned”? Agents noted, “Commercial insurance can be very lucrative, but will take longer to get the ball rolling in, than just regular home and auto insurance.”
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017
- New LTCI rates for a 60-year-old couple increase between 6% and 9% in 2017