Interviewing To Be A Commercial Lines Producer
Is interviewing for a commercial lines position different from a personal lines interview? One agent came to the forum seeking advice on what questions he should ask in the interview, outside of details on compensation and production expectations.
Experts advised asking about health benefits, leads, training, and CSR support is also essential. In addition, finding out which commercial markets the company is competitive in can provide a context for the types of production agents will be expected to focus on.
Other areas of focus for interviewees include what equity the company has in the book, what the buyout provision is if an agent leaves, how many carriers the company represents, and do they pay “as earned”? Agents noted, “Commercial insurance can be very lucrative, but will take longer to get the ball rolling in, than just regular home and auto insurance.”
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense
- Why more advisors are turning to a holistic retirement planning approach