Interviewing To Be A Commercial Lines Producer
Is interviewing for a commercial lines position different from a personal lines interview? One agent came to the forum seeking advice on what questions he should ask in the interview, outside of details on compensation and production expectations.
Experts advised asking about health benefits, leads, training, and CSR support is also essential. In addition, finding out which commercial markets the company is competitive in can provide a context for the types of production agents will be expected to focus on.
Other areas of focus for interviewees include what equity the company has in the book, what the buyout provision is if an agent leaves, how many carriers the company represents, and do they pay “as earned”? Agents noted, “Commercial insurance can be very lucrative, but will take longer to get the ball rolling in, than just regular home and auto insurance.”
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- How estate tax repeal could impact life insurance sales, retention
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference