A couple of major carriers recently introduced new products and incentives – one designed to help agents provide quicker, more accurate premium quotes and the other intended to recruit new agency owners.
MetLife has launched a proprietary individual life insurance field underwriting tool called MetLife QuickPredict.
The company says the new rules-based tool is designed for maximum ease of use. It estimates a client's likely rating class in a “simple-to-use online format” – viewable on computer, tablet, or smartphone – allowing financial professionals to provide more accurate policy premium estimates.
"With MetLife QuickPredict, someone can leave my office with the knowledge that we've provided a more accurate estimate of the underwriting class for their life insurance policy," said Susan Maginn Christ, of Maginn Wealth Advisors in Indianapolis, part of the MetLife Premier Client Group. "One of the most frustrating things for life-insurance applicants is hearing back weeks later from a financial professional or insurance company underwriting department that the policy they have applied for will cost them more than they thought. It helps to build our credibility as financial professionals when we are able to estimate a more appropriate rate. It's customer centricity in action, for both applicants and for financial professionals."
QuickPredict, according to a release introducing it, ferrets out those lifestyle and health-related factors that have the greatest bearing on rating class. Financial representatives lead clients through a short series of questions
MetLife QuickPredict is available to MetLife producers by desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Designed to help representatives estimate rating classes, the tool was rolled out nationwide in late September to firms that sell MetLife's life insurance products.
For more information, visit www.metlife.com.
Next page: Farmers introduces new suite of incentives to recruit agency owners
- Aetna-Humana merger blocked by federal judge; decision on Anthem-Cigna deal up next
- ‘Moneyball’ for InsureTech: How CB Insights crunches data differently to identify what’s next
- Factors driving the growth of the income annuity market
- Lemonade’s ‘Transparency Chronicles’ provide rare look inside a startup carrier’s metrics
- February ‘Insure Your Love’ campaign looking for big social media boost
- Allianz stakes claim as title sponsor for up-and-coming Drone Racing League
- Small business owners have big plans for 2017
- New LTCI rates for a 60-year-old couple increase between 6% and 9% in 2017