More than 50 insurance experts will address diversity and innovation issues at the Women in Insurance Global Conference, set for June 7-9 at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.
The event is presented by the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF), a nonprofit that unites the collective strengths of the insurance industry to help communities and enrich lives through grants, volunteer service and leadership.
The list of speakers for the event features renowned thought leaders, including academic authorities, public policy experts and business leaders who will address the conference’s 650 insurance industry attendees.
“We’re have an incredible lineup of talented speakers,” said Betsy Myatt, executive director of the IICF Northeast Division. “The conference will offer insight from experts who are versed in diversity, inclusion and the role of advancing technology and business innovations. This year’s discussion will equip attendees with the tools needed to relate these issues to colleagues and organizational leadership and keep their businesses at the forefront of key insurance industry trends and best practices.”
Journalist Norah O’Donnell, co-anchor of CBS This Morning, will be the featured speaker for the Inclusion Award Dinner June 8, where award winners and nominees will be recognized for their industry contributions. Lemonade’s Daniel Schreiber will kick off the event June 7 with a keynote titled “Enlightened Self-Interest: Why non-profits can help with profits,” followed by Liberty Mutual’s Dawn Frazier-Bohnert speaking about “Men as Allies.”
Speakers and panelists represent a wide array of backgrounds and insurance industry leaders including AON, Deliotte, Willis Towers Watson, Zurich, Swiss RE, Munich RE, CNA, Chubb Aspen, Yidu Cloud, and Ding Ran Technology among others.
- Bias in Underwriting
- Boundary Spanning & Creative Leadership through Disruption
- Getting It Right: Organizational Benefits of Diversity and Gender Equality
- Industry Innovation in China – Role of Female Entrepreneurs
- Leadership Through Change
- Leveraging Diversity
- The Power of Diverse Thought & Innovation
- Unconscious Bias – What to Do About It
- When Women Thrive – Innovation & Diversity
A complete list of topics can be found at http://womensconference.iicf.org/speakers.html.
More than 3,600 have attended the Women’s Conferences since 2013, making this IICF conference series the largest, most successful diversity initiative in the insurance industry. There is still time to register for the event, which can be completed here: http://womensconference.iicf.org/registration.html
For additional information on the event or IICF, please contact Betsy Myatt at [email protected].
About the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation: The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF)is a unique nonprofit that unites the collective strengths of the insurance industry to help communities and enrich lives through grants, volunteer service and leadership. Established in 1994, IICF has contributed $25.3 million in community grants, along with more than 240,500 volunteer hours, to hundreds of charities and nonprofit organizations, reinvesting in local communities where funds are raised. IICF is a registered nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Learn more at www.iicf.org.
- InsureTech Spotlight: Hurdlr app lets agents track income, expenses and taxes instantly
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference