Fall Industry Event Calendar: Which one will you attend?
As summer races toward fall, once again a wide range of industry events and conferences are on the horizon, boasting strong lineups of speakers and important topics on the minds of insurance professionals, such as implementation of the Department of Labor’s Final Fiduciary Rule and how new technologies are having a dramatic impact on the insurance industry and product distribution.
In an election year such as this one, conference programs often seem to have more of an edge to them, as speakers prognosticate on the outcome of not only the presidential election but which party will control the House and Senate – and what it means for policies that impact the industry moving forward.
Industry conferences are also a great way to learn about emerging trends or new ideas, and how you can adapt them to put them to use for your own practice. It’s also a great way to “recharge your batteries” – restoring excitement and motivation to excel in your profession.
Over the next few pages, you’ll find highlights and links to registration pages for many notable industry events scheduled for the remainder of this year. If you are thinking about attending an event, be sure to visit the site sooner rather than later, as many offer “early bird” registration and/or hotel room discounts.
Here’s a rundown of the events previewed, by month:
Aug. 17-19: LIMRA/LOMA 2016 Social Business Conference for Financial Services
Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center, Boston
Sept. 13-15: LIMRA 2016 Group and Worksite Benefits Conference
Newport Marriott, Newport, R.I.
Sept. 17-19: NAIFA Performance + Purpose 2016 Annual Conference
Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
Sept. 19-21: LIMRA/LOMA/SOA/NACII 2016 Critical Illness Insurance Forum
The Roosevelt, New Orleans
Sept. 21-23: LIMRA/LOMA/SOA 2016 DI and LTC Insurers’ Forum
The Roosevelt, New Orleans
Sept. 25-27: LIDMA Fall Meeting & Business Showcase
Balboa Bay Resort, Newport Beach, CA
Sept. 25-27: VISION: IRI Annual Meeting 2016
The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO
Sept 25-28: 2016 NAPSLO Annual Convention
Atlanta Marriott Marquis & Hyatt Regency, Atlanta
Oct. 5-6: InsureTech Connect 2016
Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas
Oct. 12-14: NAFA 2016 Annuity Distribution Summit
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Phoenix
Oct. 16-18: ACLI Annual Conference 2016
JW Marriott, Washington, D.C.
Oct. 16-18: LISA 22nd Annual Fall Life Settlement and Compliance Conference
Omni Montelucia, Scottsdale, AZ
Oct. 23-25: LIMRA 2016 Annual Conference
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago
Nov. 17-19: NAILBA 35
Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, Dallas
Next page: Detailed information, links and event highlights
- Autonomous vehicles predicted to radically shrink auto insurance sector, change type, amount of coverage sold
- CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill
- DOL wants more public input on Fiduciary Rule
- Something to think about on National Insurance Awareness Day: 37% of adults skip life insurance
- Trio of big storm systems lead to 42% drop in 1Q net income for P&C insurers
- MetLife’s individual life, annuity business spin off to Brighthouse clears final regulatory hurdle
- Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid enrollment up while other segments decline, MFA report finds
- Group disability insurers see 13.8% increase in new sales in 2016