Herm Edwards, Van Mueller head list of speakers at Advisor Network Summit in Vegas
Super producer Van Mueller and former NFL player and head coach Herman Edwards are the headline speakers at the inaugural Advisor Network Summit, set for Aug. 13-15 at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
The Advisor Network Summit is a peer-to-peer event for top life and health insurance advisors and producers. The event will address top-of-mind challenges facing today's advisors with a well-rounded program that includes distinguished and award-winning advisor/speakers, networking and educational opportunities.
"We are very excited to launch the Advisor Network Summit, which will be a new venue where the life and health industry's top producers can discuss the kind of next-level sales and marketing strategies everyone in the business is looking for,” said Bill Coffin, Group Editorial Director, National Underwriter Life & Health Network. “This is a high-powered, peer-to-peer event where the best of the best will share their secrets to success in a marketplace beset by challenges such as changing demographics, a need for non-traditional marketing, and rapidly evolving consumer expectations."
Mueller will kick off the event with an opening keynote at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13, titled, “Retirement: Success for You and Success for Your Clients.” Mueller, an award-winning producer with New England Financial, aims to help advisors dramatically increase their production in days and weeks rather than months and years. He will talk about how to increase appointments, create powerful presentations that inspire sales, and turn negative economic events into opportunities for advisors and their clients. Mueller will also speak at a breakout session the following day on how to reach high net worth clients.
Edwards, the former Jets and Chiefs coach who is now a pro football analyst on ESPN, takes the stage at 12:15 on Thursday, Aug. 14, with a session titled, “Doing the Little Things and Executing Vision.” Edwards will take the audience inside his career in the NFL, detailing the foundation of his teams, work ethic, communication, leadership, integrity, and leaving a legacy. He breaks down his message into establishing a game plan and then executing that plan to produce positive results.
The conference features 18 different educational sessions over the three days, including roundtable discussions focused on the regulatory environment, achieving smart growth, retirement income planning, and best practices from finalists for Retirement Advisor magazine’s Advisor of the Year.
Industry social media specialist Amy McIlwain will also be unveiling a new presentation that focuses on lead gen through social advertising and the power of Google+ local business pages.
For a complete agenda, more information or to register, visit the Advisor Network Summit website.
Other session highlights
- Lead Generation: The Keys to Success (Aug. 13, 2-3 p.m.)
• Brandon Steurke, Retirement Planner at Golden Financial Group and creator of Automated Advisor
Generating qualified leads is the No. 1 challenge advisors typically face. Stuerke, who has experienced a great deal of success in generating referrals from partnerships with CPAs, will talk lead generation strategies advisors can implement to bump their business to the next level.
- Marketing to the Ever-Growing Female Clientele – Get it Right! (Aug. 14, 11:10-noon)
• Rebecca True, President and Sr. Financial Advisor at True Capital Advisors
This interactive session will discuss the who, what, when, where, and the why of successful marketing financial services to women. True will reveal details of niche marketing plans that work, will dispel some relationship-building myths, discuss what women really want from their advisor and how to position yourself to be most effective in this exponentially growing market.
- Create a Transparent Financial Practice and Dominate Your Competition (Aug. 14, 3:30-4:20 p.m.)
• Jim Brogan, President and Founder of Brogan Financial
How do you create a message so compelling that people want to hire you immediately? With an authentic message of serving clients’ needs, the transparent advisor can truly differentiate his or her practice from over 95% of the competition. Learn how to capitalize on this competitive edge and become THE trusted advisor in your hometown.
- Sales Case Study: Matching the Right Product with the Right Client(Aug. 14, 4:24-5:15 p.m.)
• Mark Pruitt, CEO of Strategic Estate Planning Services, Inc.
Do you normally stick with the products your most comfortable with, and do you try to make a few pairs of shoes (products) fit all of your clients? If so, you’re leaving money on the table and doing your clients an injustice. The purpose of the right fit is not just commodity driven. Pruitt will explain how to distinguish yourself among others in your field with the right products that clearly communicate the value added services you bring to the table.
- The ‘no sale’ signals: Why prospects won’t buy from you
- Industry trade media brands disappearing: A closer look
- InsureTech news: Slice testing rideshare app; Lifester to match consumers, agents; Decisely gets $60M boost; Lemonade expands to Illinois
- Millennial misconceptions of life insurance: a barrier to life ownership
- AALU, GAMA launch partnership to unify advocacy efforts for appropriate tax treatment of life insurance
- 4 tips for finding a career mentor
- New York fines Zenefits $1.2 million for unlicensed insurance sales
- National Retirement Planning Week in full swing with bevy of resources for advisors and consumers