Irma cancels NAIFA conference, but many industry events remain this fall
• Oct 22-24: LIMRA Annual Conference, Washington DC
The LIMRA Annual Conference is one of the largest gatherings of executives representing all sectors of the financial services industry. The annual conference agenda is designed to offer attendees insights into the latest industry trends that could foretell future opportunities and solutions in the U.S. and worldwide.
Today’s consumer is empowered, engaged, and aware, and the forces affecting our industry — technology, regulation, big data, innovation — all flow back to the consumer. While consumers have always had the ability to vote with their wallet or feet, they now have the power to influence not only what they buy, but also what others buy. Consumers dictate when and how they engage with brands, thanks to the power of social networks and digital devices.
Reaching consumers has become an imperative. How do we understand and market to customers who are informed, influential, and in control?
LIMRA’s 2017 Annual Conference will address this question, focusing on the issues that will inform our future relationships with consumers. The program features forward-thinking executives from diverse industries who will discuss key strategies in areas that will influence the future of reaching consumers where they are, including:
Distribution/Marketing — Getting the right product to the right consumer in the right way
Regulation/Political Environment — Tax reform, regulatory changes, and the future of the DOL fiduciary rule
Digital/Technology — From Fintech to Blockchain — applicability to our industry and accessibility to the consumer
Economic Climate — Interest rates, and the U.S. and global economies
This year’s event will be held at the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor, Md. — near the action of Washington DC — which over the past months has undergone transformative change, and faces an uncertain future.
One of the keynote speakers, former CIA Director John Brennan, will share his solutions to cybersecurity threats, as the need for a cyber-security plan is now more important than ever before. Brennan's experiences as director of CIA and Homeland Security advisor under President Obama and as the first director of the National Counterterrorism Center under President Bush, will help companies understand the nature of cyber threats and how they can protect themselves.
Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner will deliver the closing keynote at the conference.
For more information and registration information, visit http://www.limra.com/annual/.
• Oct 25-27: WIFS 2017 National Conference, Minneapolis
Women in Insurance and Financial Services (WIFS) is dedicated to attracting women to the insurance and financial services profession, developing their talents and advancing them toward their fullest potential.
This year’s national conference at the Hilton Minneapolis Oct. 25-27 will feature 30+ personal and professional development workshops while providing an annual opportunity to recognize outstanding member contributions, personal success, fostering connection and sharing best practices among members.
For more information and registration links, visit the conference website: https://wifsnational.org/conference
• Nov 15-18: NAILBA 36, Hollywood Fla.
NAILBA 36 – where the brokerage industry meets – will be held Nov. 15-18 at the Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA) is the premiere insurance industry organization promoting financial security and consumer choice through the use of independent brokerage distribution. NAILBA serves as the national association of life, health and annuity insurance distributors.
This year’s conference agenda includes:
- Keynote presentations from Theresa Payton, J. Craig Venter, PhD, Mark King and a State of the Industry Panel of BGAs;
- Workshops designed to give you real-world takeaways to implement in your businesses right away including presentations by Joe Ross, Warren May, Melinda Meyer, Tiffany Markarian, Amy McIlwain and more;
- A lively exhibit hall featuring the carriers, products and services you need to make your agency run smoothly;
- Foundation activities including the Silent and Live Auctions to give you opportunities to support the Foundation that supports YOUR charitable efforts;
- Recognition of the recipient of the prestigious Mooers Award at a black-tie dinner - open to all registrants;
- Networking opportunities that are unrivaled at other industry events including an all-NEW After Dinner Dance Party on Friday night;
- and more.
The NAILBA Annual Meeting is only open to current NAILBA member agency employees, contracted exhibitors and sponsors. New member applications for BGAs are available here (and must be submitted by September 30 to be eligible to attend the meeting).
For more information visit http://www.nailba.org/nailba36/home
- Coverage for life ... provided you don't live past 100
- Pacific Life takeover of former Genworth Lynchburg life operation helps stabilize the term market
- Annuity sales for first six months of year at lowest level since 2001
- When technology enables sleazy marketing practices
- Massive new home of Northwestern Mutual officially opens in Milwaukee
- For first time ever, more Americans covered by employment-based life insurance than by individual
- Need for coverage on display in the stories of 2017 Life Lessons Scholarship award recipients
- MDRT appoints Pittman as its 92nd President; New York Life continues to dominate U.S. membership