Insurance Forums members Glen Shelton of Lead Heroes (screen name: Fortune202) and Justin Bilyj of Bantamedia (screen name: emptyeternity) have teamed up to write the new insurance sales training manual, "How to Qualify, Present & Sell Final Expense and Medicare Supplements to Seniors."
"Insurance agents are in vital need of assistance right now," says Shelton, whose company, Lead Heroes, provides agents with telemarketed insurance leads. "The more questions agents asked me, the more I realized that there's not just one right answer or one right way to sell insurance. We wanted this guide to encompass a range of different sales styles and situations, so we collaborated with more than 35 experienced agents to share a variety of real-life examples, scripts, and advice."
Shelton and Bilyj agreed to share some excerpts from the book, which can be found on the second page of this article. The guide is organized into four main sections:
• Part I: Building a foundation for insurance sales success
• Part II: The insurance sales process: How leads become clients
• Part III: After the sale: Keeping and growing your business
• Part IV: Online branding
Shelton and Bilyj pulled from their personal experiences as insurance agents, and also surveyed other agents about the most effective methods for selling Final Expense life insurance and Medicare Supplements. Packed with tips for presenting plans and closing sales, the book also covers the keys to long-term customer service, cross selling, and referrals, with an in-depth online branding guide for attracting tech-savvy seniors in the digital age.
"There's a lack of affordable, accessible training that covers everything for new agents these days," says Bilyj, who sells insurance while managing digital marketing for Bantamedia, an award-winning content marketing firm based in Cleveland. "There's no book about selling Medicare Supplements, and the few options on the market about selling Final Expense insurance don't discuss different types of leads or sales methods. We cover the entire sales process, whether agents are selling face-to-face, on the phone, or online. There's no one-size-fits-all secret to selling life insurance or senior health plans, but because of our comprehensive collaboration, there's something in this book to benefit every agent."
With a range of advice and insights from dozens of active insurance agents (including many more Insurance Forums members), this book prepares new agents to begin selling Final Expense life insurance or Medicare Supplements, while offering proven insurance marketing tips to help experienced agents maximize their sales process and polish their online brand. Insurance agencies, IMOs, and FMOs that recruit agents will also find the guide useful for teaching agents how to sell life insurance without the significant investment typically required for training.
Learn more about the new book, "How to Qualify, Present & Sell Final Expense and Medicare Supplements to Seniors," by visiting www.leadheroes.com/sales-training-book/ (where you'll find a media kit and book trailer video) or buy your copy now on Amazon.
• Comments? Please visit this thread: New Resource for Agents
Next page: Book excerpts - 5 reasons to specialize in Final Expense; 5 reasons to specialize in Med Supps
- Insurtech Updates: Launches, expansions, partnerships and more
- NAIFA launches LACP designation as new ‘gold standard’ for life and annuity professionals
- Partial Fiduciary Rule implementation starts Friday – with no enforcement
- How estate tax repeal could impact life insurance sales, retention
- More than 8 in 10 advisors now use social media for marketing, researching prospects and building relationships
- Resources being rolled out to help with partial Fiduciary Rule compliance
- Best-ever start to a year for indexed life sales, new report says
- Diversity, innovation top agenda at Women in Insurance Global Conference