David Long, 2015 NAILBA Chairman, has selected Chuck Anderson, Senior Vice President of Strategic Relationship Management at Prudential, as the recipient of the 2015 NAILBA Chairman's Award. The honor was presented Nov. 19 at the association's annual meeting, NAILBA 34, in Orlando.
The award, created in 2009, was developed to recognize the efforts of a NAILBA volunteer who has performed "over and above" normal expectations during the Chairman's term.
In presenting the award to Anderson (pictured at right), Long shared, "Chuck has been a cheerleader for our distribution channel for as long as I can remember, and has been a big part of his company's relationship with NAILBA members and the Annual Meeting, leading the way in providing highly visible support through sponsorships and exhibits. This year in particular, he was strongly supportive of our newly formed advocacy partnership with AALU – his commitment extends beyond the Annual Meeting and the Foundation, to legislative initiatives and issues that impact the way our businesses are run."
He continued, explaining, "Chuck has always been a strong supporter of NAILBA – from the carrier side. He has served on multiple NAILBA committees and on the Foundation Board of Directors. “We are very grateful to have your support and enthusiasm, year after year," Long told Anderson in presenting the award.
Held Nov. 19-21 in Orlando, the event attracted 1,287 attendees and 106 exhibiting companies in 122 booths. This meeting, recognized as "Where the Brokerage Industry Meets," is the independent wholesale insurance brokerage industry's premier event. Next year’s event will be held Nov. 17-19 at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Dallas.
The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA) is the premiere insurance industry organization promoting financial security and consumer choice through the use of independent brokerage distribution. NAILBA serves as the national association of life, health and annuity insurance distributors. For more information visit www.nailba.org.
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense