To Be An Expert, or Jack-of-All-Trades?
For someone looking to grow his or her practice, is the best way to dive in by developing an expertise? Or, in such a competitive environment, is it better to have a knowledge of a wide array of products, in order to appeal to a winder audience? One agent came to the forum to ask about where the potential for lucrative sales may be. With so many products out there, from annuities to life to FE to health to auto, it can be intimidating knowing where to start.
Luckily, forum members had some advice on this subject. One noted, “FE is very profitable, but why limit yourself? If you can cross-sell to another product, you’ll earn a client for life, not just a customer. Learn one product at a time, get good at it, and cross-sell for success.”
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense