To Be An Expert, or Jack-of-All-Trades?
For someone looking to grow his or her practice, is the best way to dive in by developing an expertise? Or, in such a competitive environment, is it better to have a knowledge of a wide array of products, in order to appeal to a winder audience? One agent came to the forum to ask about where the potential for lucrative sales may be. With so many products out there, from annuities to life to FE to health to auto, it can be intimidating knowing where to start.
Luckily, forum members had some advice on this subject. One noted, “FE is very profitable, but why limit yourself? If you can cross-sell to another product, you’ll earn a client for life, not just a customer. Learn one product at a time, get good at it, and cross-sell for success.”
- Millennials' love/hate relationship with insurance
- Glad you asked: The 5 most important things to know about life insurance
- "Do-It-Yourselfers" not as capable as they think at managing finances
- May's Disability Insurance Awareness Month campaigns focus on younger working adults; small business owners
- 5 reasons to immediately ramp up your efforts to recruit female advisors
- Med Supp market sees 6% growth in 2016 according to new data
- Digitization ensuring insurance is no longer a costly headache
- Consumers want simple, transparent life insurance buying options: 2017 Insurance Barometer Study