P&C market rallying around fledgling Insurance Careers Month
More than 320 companies and 400 industry professionals have signed on to support the first-ever Insurance Careers Month, which began on Monday, Feb. 1.
The major multi-phased, collaborative effort led by Hamilton Insurance Group, Lloyd’s of London, Marsh & McLennan, The Institutes, MyPath, Valen Analytics, The Jacobson Group, InVEST and PCI, is designed to help raise awareness of insurance as a compelling career choice and to begin address the looming talent gap in the U.S. insurance industry. The campaign is focused on spreading the message of insurance as the Careers Trifecta: stable, rewarding and limitless.
Insurance Careers Month is an indication of the industry recognizing the importance of attracting the next generation of talent.
With the help of Michigan Insurance coalition, Insuring MI Future, the State of Michigan has officially proclaimed that February will be Insurance Careers Month.
CEOs of top insurance companies, including Brian Duperreault of Hamilton Insurance Group and Inga Beale of Lloyds, recorded video testimonials conveying a call to action for the industry:
Brian Duperreault, CEO of Hamilton: http://bit.ly/23uhHID
Inga Beale, CEO of Lloyds: http://bit.ly/1QEaTTF
Mike McGavick, CEO of XL Catlin: http://bit.ly/1lTMMDJ
Dan Glaser, CEO of Marsh & McLennan: http://bit.ly/1OZmk6a
Bob Rusbuldt, President & CEO of IIABA: http://bit.ly/1WOuS2x
InVEST, a school-to-work insurance program with a curriculum specifically created to appeal to the millennial generation, is also participating in Insurance Careers Month.
To get involved, visit Insurance Careers Month online and register to receive emails with all the tools you’ll need to take part in the initiative. Using the tool kit provided, here are just a few ways to participate:
- Change your Facebook profile or cover photo to the Insurance Careers Month image.
- Use the social media guide to share social posts using the designated hashtags #careertrifecta and #insurancecareersmonth.
- Engage millennials in your office to share their message through your social channels about why they love the insurance industry. Consider creating videos, articles or brief social media posts.
- Develop internship programs to attract millennials.
- Exhibit at a career fair using InVEST’s free resources to attract young talent.
- Volunteer at a local InVEST school and tell your story about the insurance industry.
CNA, the country’s eighth-largest commercial insurance writer and the 14th-largest property and casualty company, is among those participating.
"Insurance is integral to our day-to-day lives – protecting businesses and individuals from the uncertainties of the world around us, and allowing them to concentrate on what is most important to their families, businesses and communities," said Liz Aguinaga, senior vice president and chief human resources officer, CNA. "At CNA, we're committed to attracting, fostering and developing talent in new and innovative ways to support the work our industry does every day helps to shape our collective future."
Insurance Careers Month aims to build excitement around the many opportunities available for stable, rewarding and exciting careers in an industry that offers limitless growth prospects and supports innovation, from driverless cars and unmanned drones to climate change and cyber warfare.
• Thoughts about Insurance Careers Month or planning to participate? Please visit this new thread: Insurance Careers Month Participation
To learn more, visit the Insurance Careers Month website.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name
- 2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costs