A Small Firm Takes a Proactive Approach to Embracing Technology
Last year, an agent in the forum outlined his plan for changes in the pipeline for his small brokerage. His goals included consolidating technology, cutting down on technology costs, implementing modern solutions, and simplifying / optimizing workflow.
The individual had already taken several steps in the right direction, including outlining a plan for the best agency management system. Many producers weighed in, especially with regards to whether agencies should update their computer systems to Macs. One noted, “Apple products are aesthetically much more appealing, more secure, and run the Mac operating system, which is the most advanced OS in the world.” He noted that the most pressing issue within the insurance industry is that companies don’t do enough investing in the future.
- Autonomous vehicles predicted to radically shrink auto insurance sector, change type, amount of coverage sold
- CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill
- DOL wants more public input on Fiduciary Rule
- Something to think about on National Insurance Awareness Day: 37% of adults skip life insurance
- Trio of big storm systems lead to 42% drop in 1Q net income for P&C insurers
- MetLife’s individual life, annuity business spin off to Brighthouse clears final regulatory hurdle
- Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid enrollment up while other segments decline, MFA report finds
- Group disability insurers see 13.8% increase in new sales in 2016