A Small Firm Takes a Proactive Approach to Embracing Technology
Last year, an agent in the forum outlined his plan for changes in the pipeline for his small brokerage. His goals included consolidating technology, cutting down on technology costs, implementing modern solutions, and simplifying / optimizing workflow.
The individual had already taken several steps in the right direction, including outlining a plan for the best agency management system. Many producers weighed in, especially with regards to whether agencies should update their computer systems to Macs. One noted, “Apple products are aesthetically much more appealing, more secure, and run the Mac operating system, which is the most advanced OS in the world.” He noted that the most pressing issue within the insurance industry is that companies don’t do enough investing in the future.
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name
- 2017 health insurance trends: HSAs, wellness incentives and other tactics employers looking at to reduce costs
- Advances in underwriting: Saliva samples now being used to analyze biomarkers of settlement prospects