A Small Firm Takes a Proactive Approach to Embracing Technology
Last year, an agent in the forum outlined his plan for changes in the pipeline for his small brokerage. His goals included consolidating technology, cutting down on technology costs, implementing modern solutions, and simplifying / optimizing workflow.
The individual had already taken several steps in the right direction, including outlining a plan for the best agency management system. Many producers weighed in, especially with regards to whether agencies should update their computer systems to Macs. One noted, “Apple products are aesthetically much more appealing, more secure, and run the Mac operating system, which is the most advanced OS in the world.” He noted that the most pressing issue within the insurance industry is that companies don’t do enough investing in the future.
- Small businesses big winner with reinstatement of Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Insuretech startups Hippo, Lemonade on the attack against agents who sell homeowners coverage in California
- 4 industry trends to watch for in 2017
- Shopping up, enrollment channels shift for Medicare Part D as more consumers rely on brokers
- Why companies can’t get marketing right
- Optimism rebounding among independent P&C agencies; leads to aggressive growth plans in 2017
- Lessons from the U.K.’s bold new retirement initiatives
- Annual review of client needs only makes sense