The Insurance Agent’s Dream Software
What are your most pressing technology issues as an insurance agent? Recently, a forum member came to the forum to seek input on his potential software development company. He has been seeking an understanding of the trials and tribulations that agents face, in order to try and assist them with these problems through technology.
Agents reported that referrals, retention percentages, and lead generation were three of the most vital issues that they focus on. Coming up with a more streamlined system that could cut down on time spent on these three factors would be a help to the agent community.
Another member noted that a software that agents could share with their current and prospective clients would also be a great idea. Providing customers with a convenient electronic way to store and administer insurance policy information in a clear-cut, simple way would help both agents and clients save a lot of time. If customers are more aware of their current insurance, they can be more knowledgeable about their current and future insurance needs.
One agent said, “How can any competent agent offer insurance to a potential buyer without knowing anything about that person’s existing policies? Auto insurance is related to home insurance, health insurance is related to auto insurance, and is more life insurance more important than disability insurance?” By coming up with a system that addresses these questions, many insurance-related pain points would likely disappear.
What software might make your job easier? Tell Brian here - and maybe he will make it a reality!
- Political reaction: Republicans propose The American Health Care Act
- State Farm reports $1.2 billion pre-tax operating loss in 2016
- DOL aims for initial 60-day delay in fiduciary rule effective date
- Report aims to put a stop to ‘Use It and Lose It’ homeowner policies
- Most LTCI claims begin and end at home; insurers pay out $8.65 billion in 2016 claims, new data confirms
- Record-setting fixed, FIA sales in 2016 can’t keep overall annuity sales from 6% decline
- 2nd annual ‘Insurance Careers Month’ trumpets fact 93% are proud to work in the industry; rallies recruiting efforts
- MetLife annuity and life products officially rebranded under Brighthouse Financial name